RVO Health is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with engineering teams, product managers, and Security Operations to ensure that our brands and systems are secure. You will proactively execute on opportunities to shift security left and evangelize DevSecOps principles.
RVO Health is the #1 health information property on the planet. Every month, 250 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families. We create authoritative content that’s highly relevant, approachable and actionable. And we complement that with a culture of genuine compassion. In short, we're changing the consumer health information business and we need exceptional people like you to help us do it. If you share our vision for a stronger, healthier world please explore RV Healthline and let’s talk.
What you’ll do:
- Advise product, platform engineering and application development teams as their security SME, providing guidance on RVO Health standards and industry best practices.
- Design and implement automated and proactive security measures to help improve our security posture by shifting left.
- Guide the vulnerability remediation / patch management process within an industry group.
- Run application security reviews and threat modeling exercises.
- Head initiatives to holistically address multiple security vulnerabilities or gaps found in a functional area.
- Scope and assist in penetration testing engagements.
- Provide input and help shape company-wide security policies, standards, and initiatives.
- Be a technical partner to our GRC function for our HIPAA workloads.
What we’re looking for:
- Deep understanding of and hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure/networking and related security controls and best practices (AWS, GCP a plus).
- Experience with OWASP, static/dynamic analysis, and common secure application development practices.
- Experience implementing security solutions that resolve security and business risk trade-offs.
- Demonstrated development or scripting experience and skills.
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as NIST CSF, HIPAA, CIS 18, etc.
- Excellent and professional communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
- Be able to think both offensively (like a hacker) and defensively (evaluating product security and security architecture)
"Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements."
Starting Salary: $130,000 - $215,500
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
- Starting Salary: $130,000 - $215,500
Who We Are
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We will use the remainder of 2022 to separate from Red Ventures and fully transition into the new entity. We will communicate fully and transparently along the way, honoring the culture, people, processes and spirit that got us to this point.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one