Human Resources Manager
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading digital media company for young women. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power by delivering optimistic and diverse creativity, storytelling, and points of view. Focused around core values of individuality, inclusivity, and impact, we create content that speaks to 360 degrees of a woman’s life, including editorial articles, original video programming, shareable social content across a variety of platforms, and live experiences. Our content sits at the intersection of style and substance, helping our audience live a more informed and inspired life.
About the team:
Refinery29 is looking for a passionate, highly professional Human Resources Manager to join our small but growing People Operations Team based in our NY office. The HR Manager will be accountable for managing HR fundamentals and practices, handling employee relations, and developing productive, trusting working relationships with designated business leaders. As part of a growing team and company, the HR manager will also be involved in creating and implementing new systems, methodologies and best practices for Refinery 29.
At Refinery29 we are committed to creating a positive work experience where employees can do their best work.
What Makes an R29er:
You have commitment and passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential.
- You will handle all core human resources functions in addition to administration
- You will be the point person to ensure regulatory compliance
- You will be involved in the strategic planning as we scale and build the company
- You will work with Director of People Operations on employee relations, counseling and conflict resolution
- Lead and participate in performance management decision-making, including PIPs and terminations
- You have 3+ years of experience working in Human Resources.
- You’ve worked in fast paced high growth environments
- You have experience ensuring compliance with regulatory activities including the Department of Labor, workers compensation, unemployment etc.
- You have a proven track record with creating solid relationships with internal business partners
- You thrive working in a face paced environment
- You have interest in examining data and HR metrics to improve the organization
- You understand the core principles about comp strategy and planning
- You have experience with performance management systems
- You are enthusiastic about compensation planning and career growth mapping
- You have commitment and passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential
- You have the discipline, organization, attention to detail and agility move between different responsibilities
- You build trust and integrity
- You are engaging and diplomatic with the ability to be empathetic and understand relationships
- You are passionate about People Science and interested in turning theory into action
- You are creative and solution oriented
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment
- You have certification in coach training and are able to be a mentor within a workforce
- You are knowledgeable in California and International employment law
- You have completed other training and certifications related to HR and People Development
- You have experience developing and delivering training sessions for employees
- You have an interest in emerging performance theories including Neuro-Leadership, Positive Psychology, Emotional Intelligence, The Power of Mindfulness
*This is not a recruiting role - we are looking for a Human Resources Manager that will be accountable for managing HR fundamentals and practices, handling employee relations, and developing productive, trusting working relationships with designated business leaders.*
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.