Contracts and Business Affairs Analyst
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading digital media & entertainment company dedicated to inspiring women to live an informed & well-rounded life. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power by delivering optimistic and diverse creativity, storytelling, and points of view. Focused around core values of individuality, inclusivity, and impact, we create content that speaks to 360 degrees of a woman’s life, including editorial articles, original video programming, shareable social content across a variety of platforms, and live experiences. Our content sits at the intersection of style and substance, helping our audience live a more informed and inspired life.
About the role:
The Contracts and Business Affairs Analyst will be an important member of the legal department and support the contract review and approval process. The position will also be responsible for organizing and maintaining contracts and other legal files as well as providing general assistance to the legal team. A successful candidate will be able to function well both independently and in a team environment, will be highly organized and detail-oriented, and will have the ability to manage time in accordance with strict deadlines.
What makes a R29'er?:
- You have commitment and passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential.
What you’ll do:
- Review and revise advertising agreements, sales proposals, vendor contract, releases, non-disclosure agreement, and other legal documents to ensure compliance with R29’s requirements and business terms.
- Interface with individual members of sales, talent acquisition, editorial, video, legal and finance teams to ensure proper administration of legal documents, compliance with business requirements and that the contract processes operate smoothly.
- Organize and maintain contracts and legal files.
- Assist in enforcing and developing requirements and processes relevant to contract coordination and generation.
- Help establish and implement compliance and contract best practices.
- Respond to internal contract inquiries and other requests pertaining to the legal department.
- Summarize and effectively communicate contractual terms and other business and legal matters.
- Assist in responses to subpoenas, collections matters, and disputes when necessary.
- Provide general support and assistance to the legal department.
What you have:
- Must have strong organization skills, be extremely detail-oriented, and work well under tight time constraints.
- Must have an understanding of basic concepts with respect to contracts and sales processes.
- Ability to multi-task and function well under pressure and tight delivery timeframes.
- Strong communication skills with keen ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit www.Refinery29.com
Jobs You May Like
Fulltime: Financial Controller
Oscar, New York, NY
Legal Intern NY - Summer 2018
BuzzFeed, New York
Director of Law Enforcement
Airbnb, San Francisco
Senior Manager, Global Payments - Payments Partnerships
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Oscar, New York