Lifestyle Writer, Branded Content
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
About The Role
Refinery29 is looking for a Lifestyle Writer to work on our Branded Content team. This role, which will be responsible for writing custom articles for Refinery29’s lifestyle and entertainment clients is perfect for someone who is as passionate about home decor as they are about personal finance, is very organized and meticulous, and is skilled at writing snappy copy and headlines.
What Makes an R29er?
You have a deep commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to motivate and inspire women through their own unique power, identity, and infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in women’s storytelling and reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform and drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility and solutions in even the most challenging moments, and you have an innate desire to strive for excellence and progress, through your daily work and your attitude.
What You’ll Do:
- Write custom branded content, sponsored programs, and editorial integrations for the lifestyle and entertainment verticals. This includes dedicated articles, market roundups, emails, contests/sweeps, editorial integrations, and co-branded collateral.
- Be able to conceptualize & execute a variety of content types, from profiles to reported features.
- Actively participate in and contribute to pre-sale brainstorms for lifestyle and entertainment clients.
- Maintain Refinery29's brand integrity in all copy and market work.
- Assist Editors, Senior Editors, & Director of Branded Content with writing and logistics of sold programs/stories from the editorial side. This includes working with editors for seamless integration; liaising with Ad Photo, Ad Design, & Marketing teams; and producing editorial stories from start to finish, in order to meet strict client deadlines.
What You’ll Have:
- Professional editorial writing experience within digital media (lifestyle background strongly preferred).
- A strong understanding of R29s voice & style POV.
- A genuine interest in digital advertising and specifically branded content.
- Willingness to make editorial judgment calls in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, and to flag and escalate any potential issues to Senior Editor or Director when necessary.
- A flawless command of spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Never-ending patience and a collaborative, make-it-work attitude.
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.