Senior Production Manager
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential.
What you’ll do:
- Set and manage the overall portfolio delivery of projects, with a responsibility for the effective management of all projects within the portfolio and work across multiple departments: creatives, writers, designers, photo editors, video producers, social media managers and our client services/strategy team
- Set expectation of executing best in class content work that is consistently on time, on scope and on budget
- Pre-empt and solve challenges
- Evolve processes and ways of working - you test, you learn, you work to better our ways of working and our ways of communicating with our clients. Those are scalable and drive efficiency and growth for both you and the team
- Responsible for commissioning third parties: photographer, a videographer, to a production company or a casting agency
- You will understand project requirements and why Refinery29 is carrying out the projects you are responsible for
- You will be responsible for each project full lifecycle: from creative concepts, to defining a budget and a timeline, and delivering the project successfully to exact time and quality levels
- You will interact with clients on a daily basis and manage the client relationship on some of the projects under your responsibility
- You will be responsible for resourcing of teams, budgeting, and financial tracking of projects
- You will be solution focused and assess requirements to evolve/adapt production plans and timeline depending on the project
- You collaborate with editorial, marketing, sales, account management, creative, brand strategy and sales to drive campaigns, processes and workflows to success
- You work simultaneously on several brands but treat each brand uniquely and create strong consistent stories/concepts for each
- You ensure that the brand needs and wishes are met or you rationalise any push backs in a clear and decisive way
- You will author weekly project status, acknowledging, managing and appropriately escalating any blockers
- Manage and oversee the R29 branded content legal processes involved in producing content and the ability to draft and negotiate third party contracts
- execute the R29 brand & business vision, creating projects that deliver for R29 clients, brand, and audience
- Understand in-flight optimisation of content, always testing, learning and improving the work delivered
What you have:
- Relevant experience in digital advertising or for a publisher as a project manager
- Solid knowledge of project management – process oriented but can easily adapt to a growing company with evolving processes. Organizational and time management skills.
- Capability to work independently as well as part of a team, be responsible and take ownership of the work delivered
- Strong capability to mentor and support a team and oversee outputs across the team, while still ensuring the team can independently work
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines, multiple accounts, multiple stakeholders and priorities work accordingly.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and client-relationship management skills
- A confident and positive personality with strong people skills and a good experience managing and growing a team
A network of production company and production contacts a plus
To be successful here you are:
- A positive people person, motivating those around you to deliver their best work, helping them to build and nurture their ideas and inspire them to think outside of the box.
- Confident in questioning, challenging yourself and your teams as well as the teams you are collaborating with and the brand partner to create best in class work
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume team
- Someone who is a problem-solver in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader
- Super attentive to details
- Inspirational to their team, you lead by example and elevate your team
- Self-starter - You have a vision for what needs to be done and you go about doing it and getting it done. You will not be micromanaged here. We’ll expect you to take full ownership of your area and your results.
- Seen as a leader and champion of delivery both internally and externally
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and commit to building an inclusive work environment and a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit Refinery29's website.
Jobs You May Like
Flatiron School, Dallas, Texas
Product Operations Manager
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA
Mission Operations Engineering
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
General Manager - Tennessee, Ohio, & Kentucky
LimeBike, Columbus, OH
Wolt, Warsaw, Poland
Project Manager, Customer Experience