Senior Editor, Unbothered
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
We create content for Refinery29 Unbothered, the subbrand dedicated to celebrating and serving Black millennial women. Our team operates across several departments including editorial, social and video. We create anything from long-form articles and programs to social assets and videos. We help shape and guide how Refinery29 supports and serves the Black femme audience, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, and discussion every day.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have a deep commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to motivate and inspire women through their own unique power, identity, and infinite potential. You have deep knowledge and/or interest in women’s storytelling and reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform and drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility and solutions in even the most challenging moments, and you have an innate desire to strive for excellence and progress, through your daily work and your attitude.
About the job:
We are in search of someone with an instinctual knack for cutting through the internet noise to deliver smart takes on all-things affecting Black femmes. We’re looking for someone who constantly has an ear to the ground on emerging trends, pop culture moments, and cultural conversations happening in and around the Black community. Someone with a passion for serving Black audiences and exploring topics that affect our community in a fresh way with a unique sense of humor is a must.
What you'll do:
- Work with Managing Editor to conceive and execute the most cutting-edge content for our on-site vertical — creating sharp programming that is voicey, stylish, shareable, and NEW
- Generate and execute 1-2 feature, service, or second day takes stories per week
- Top edit 3-5 stories per day from staff writers and freelance contributors
- Curate and manage vertical page daily
- Work with Director to manage the editorial calendar and ensure the team meets monthly production and traffic goals
- Work closely with partnering brands to help strengthen relationships and create the most innovative brand work in the business
- Represent R29 at industry events, and applicable press trips
- Ensure that all Refinery29 content is size inclusive and racially diverse
What you have:
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior judgment and discretion
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working on a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader
Refinery29 is firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit Refinery29's website.
Jobs You May Like
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Level Designer- Match 3
MobilityWare, Irvine, Ca
Penumbra, Alameda, CA
Group Nine Media
Associate Video Editor/Producer
Group Nine Media, New York, NY
Content creative / copywriter
Bloomon, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brand Ambassador, San Francisco Street Team
MealPal, San Francisco