Freelance Associate Creative Director
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
About the Role:
The Associate Creative Director - Copy is a highly creative, hyper collaborative team player who draws out the best ideas and oversees top-notch execution on behalf of our clients. An excellent storyteller and is able to expertly articulate concepts succinctly and compellingly.
You have a multi-faceted conceptual, strategic and visual background, which you’ll use to understand and evolve the Refinery29 Brand Vision and ideate everything from physical experiences to digital products. You have worked diplomatically across many teams within the same organization, understand how to navigate company ecosystems, and know-how to establish meaningful and fruitful working relationships with other teams. And lastly -- you are a ball of positive, insightful energy with the uncanny ability to influence your team into having that same outlook at work.
This individual needs to thrive in a fast-paced environment, ideate quickly and solve problems in an innovative way.
What you’ll do:
- Ideate large-scale, multi-platform/multi-medium concepts for brands across our key verticals (Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle)
- Execute on multidisciplinary pitches with an eye on unity across mediums and industry-leading levels of aesthetic excellence & storytelling
- Understand and execute against the R29 brand & business vision, creating projects that deliver for R29 clients, brand, and audience
- Help create impact for R29 in the industry as a leader in branded content
- Work with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Editorial, Photo, Design, Brand Strategy, Video, Experiential) to ideate innovative, integrated marketing platforms, rooted in strategic insights, to ultimately deliver on larger big ideas that drive incremental revenue for R29
- Elevate, refine and challenge the quality of our concept work and visual output
- Possess a true understanding of how to craft and execute compelling storytelling through branded content for our brand partners, delivering on their business objectives while finding creative solutions for their biggest brand challenges
What you have:
- Experience in digital advertising and marketing creating custom campaigns
- Must have a proven track record of impacting brands through creative concepts while having a passion for content
- Direct experience with creative channel strategy in digital media
- Deep understanding of the rapidly evolving digital media environment including emerging market trends, platforms, and experiences (Design, Branding, Product Design, Photo etc are a plus)
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Products (Photoshop etc) (Keynote and Powerpoint are a plus)
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.