Photo Editor, Branded Content
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
About the team:
The Branded Photo team creates branded content for Refinery29 in collaboration with outside Brand Partners. This team works to concept, produce and art direct photo assets that combine our brand partner's marketing objective and the Refinery29 mission and voice.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
Refinery29 is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, proactive, and creative Photo Editor to contribute to a fast-paced branded photo department. This position will work closely with the Deputy Photo Director and Executive Photography Director to lead image production and direction across verticals from fashion, beauty, fitness, luxury, etc. A keen interest, as well as experience in fashion editorial, is required. This person is equal parts a creative visionary and an expert producer.
- Be the key stake-holder on creative for the projects that you are assigned
- Concepting and presenting creative treatments to clients
- Liaise with internal Client Services, Casting and Editorial teams in service of excellent story-telling and client satisfaction
- Assembling creative teams for photo shoots, including photographers, hair, makeup, and stylists
- Maintaining shoot timelines and communicating with all, including talent
- Art directing photo shoots on set, handling image selection and coordinating post production needs
- Tracking and reconciling budgets
- Bringing in new contributors to the industry
- Job duties may change as per business needs
What you have:
- 4+ years of production experience in an editorial or advertising photo department (preferably having worked on Branded Content or Art Buying previously)
- Must have equal parts experience and enthusiasm in producing photo shoots as well as creatively concepting art direction
- Significant on set experience (preferably with clients)
- Must be proficient in Photoshop and be able to do basic retouching, color correcting and layouts
- Familiar with production processes, production vendors, and creative teams working in the fashion, beauty, and lifestyle industries
- Quick thinking and resourceful; with the capability to prioritize and be held accountable for multiple projects with fast turn-around times
- Excellent communication skills, extremely organized and collaborative
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Passion for photography and staying relevant to trends and social platforms
- A strong network of industry relationships
To be successful here you are
- Comfortable with aligning multiple brand missions under one creative vision
- Must have a passion for advertising
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.