Senior Content Strategy Editor
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
About the team:
We create and distribute content on @refinery29 & @r29style Instagram, including but not limited to videos, social stories, and photo and design assets meant to drive engagement, inspiring and informing our community through call to actions and more. We help shape and guide how Refinery29 and its impact can grow on Instagram, delivering on the promise of fresh content, service, and thoughtful discussions every day. This multifaceted team touches all formats and content categories, collaborating with all other departments to produce, promote, and package R29 initiatives.
About this role:
We’re looking for a strategic senior social editor to create and execute the growth strategy from inception to publishing for our main Instagram channel @refinery29 and fashion channel @r29style, as well as other emerging channels specific to the platform. The position requires strong creative intuition, brand awareness, and passion for growth strategy. Along with establishing and maintaining the look and voice of the channel, this position continuously pushes the brand forward, positioning Refinery29 as the place that creates trends, rather than follows them.
As part of daily responsibilities, this role includes ideating new franchises, maintaining and managing the voice of the accounts, communicating audience insights/best practices to the broader internal team, managing a team of programmers, and working across departments to ensure the platforms assist in hitting company goals.
What you’ll do:
- Manage workflow and strategy for Refinery29’s Instagram channels, including @refinery29, @r29style, and future channels to be launched in 2020
- Organize team to support Refinery29 initiative and company goals
- Guide team to be strategic on establishing and growing the voice and presence of the accounts on the platform
- Ideate and create “brand moments” and new series (both flat and video) to drive traffic both on and off-platform
- Creating monthly tests based on data of top and bottom performers requesting designed templates for the team to work off
- Work to secure partnerships and social swaps, collaborating with any department needed to grow our follower count and engagement
- Manage our relationship with Instagram
- Track weekly and monthly analytics of editorial and branded stories
- Sharing new audience insights with the broader internal team
- Leveraging data driven insights to inform new tests in growing our channel
- Create and update best practices for tone, voice, and visual assets for both branded and editorial assets, distributing that information to appropriate teams as necessary
- Attend cross-departmental meetings as the representative from the Instagram team to guide the team’s inclusion in company initiatives
- Coordinate and cover @refinery29 and @r29style posting as necessary
- Assist in platform growth by taking on special projects as needed
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years experience in social media management, marketing, or similar roles
- 3+ years managing first-in-class Instagram brands
- Excellent management and leadership experience
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, as well as an eye for design, a sharp sense of humor, and an instinct for what works on Instagram
- Passionate about data-driven insights
- Ability to turn data into creative, actionable next steps
- An understanding of Refinery29’s brand, concerning both visuals and voice
- Experience with social analytics and Adobe Creative Suite
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- The desire to work and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- A proactive, positive attitude, and a knack for creative solutions
- A highly creative mindset and a knowledge of industry and social media trends
- A creative problem solver that can think on their feet
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit Refinery29's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Search
DraftKings, San Francisco, CA