Associate Photo Editor
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
What Makes an R29er?:
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you’ll do:
Refinery29 is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, proactive, and creative Associate Photo Editor to contribute to a fast-paced editorial photo department. This position will work closely with the Senior Photo Editor, Photo Editor, and the Executive Photography Director to assist in photo shoot production and photo art direction across verticals from fashion, beauty, fitness, luxury, etc. A keen interest, as well as experience in fashion editorial, is required. This person is equal parts a creative visionary and a producer with a proven track record of success.
- Research, pitch and assign photographers in conjunction with the Photo Editors
- Work with photo team to produce shoots, both in-house and on location
- Handle all aspects of photo shoot production: sourcing locations, permitting, booking stylists/hair/makeup/set design, executing contracts, creating call sheets, etc
- Presenting creative concepts and treatments
- Assist other Photo Editors with any production needs
- Handling image selection for stories you are assigned and coordinating post-production needs
- Tracking and reconciling budgets
- Bringing in new contributors to the industry
- Manage and update all contracts in contract management system
- Keep relevant production documents updated
- Job duties may change as per business needs
What you have:
- 2+ years of production experience in an editorial or advertising photo department
- Must have equal parts experience and enthusiasm in producing photo shoots as well as creatively concepting art direction
- On set experience
- Must be proficient in Photoshop and be able to do basic retouching and color correcting
- Familiar with production processes, production vendors, and creative teams working in the fashion, beauty, and lifestyle industries
- Quick thinking and resourceful; with the capability to prioritize and be held accountable for multiple projects with fast turn-around times
- Excellent communication skills, extremely organized and collaborative
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Passion for photography and staying relevant to trends and social platforms
- A strong network of industry relationships
- A passion and commitment to the core mission of R29
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and commit to building an inclusive work environment and a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit Refinery29's website.
Jobs You May Like
BGB Group, BGB Group