Associate Creative Director
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
About The Role:
As Refinery29’s Experiential team continues to grow and disrupt, we are looking for driven, creative and collaborative members to join our expanding team. The Associate Creative Director is a hyper-collaborative team player and leader who has a strong creative voice and vision. You are an agile thinker and adept presenter who will be tasked with ideating and developing strategic, original ideas and briefs for Refinery29 and the brands, talent, and collaborators we work with to bring our events to life. The role requires fluency in contemporary culture, brand strategy, experiential marketing, and live events. You will be a critical part of the pitch process and support day-to-day relations with clients on sold programs, across co-branded, white-label and 29Rooms’ projects. You will be expected to develop ideas that may range from interactive installations to theatrical programming to social media campaigns and to propose talent, artists, and special partnerships to make those ideas shine.
This position will report directly to the Experiential Creative Director based in NYC.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and develop market-leading experiential solutions and programs for Refinery29 and Vice Media Group
- Independently digest client briefs and translate them into proposal decks, owning the experiential strategy, proposal structure, consumer journey and copy
- Collaborate with other departments in the company, including Video, Editorial, Photo, Talent and PR to develop creative marketing solutions, fusing digital content and physical events.
- Present and pitch 29Rooms’ creative strategy work to clients and internal stakeholders, leading deliverables on pre-sale proposals and sold programs
- Support on the outreach and curation of collaborations, programming and special projects with emerging artists, collectives, performers, technologists and designers
What You Need:
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of relevant experience in experiential marketing and creative strategy
- Proven track record of supporting successful experiential projects that drove results and created a positive attendee experience
- Fluency in the pitch process including deck-making, client-facing presenting and copywriting
- A strong eye for imagery, storytelling, talent selection and storyboarding
- Ability to translate cultural and consumer insights with a focus on GenZ and Millennial audiences into relevant and successful experiential concepts
- Adaptive to changing work loads and assignments with a strong ability to prioritize work and resources across small creative tasks to larger deliverables
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. Ready to take initiative and work independently while also providing creative support to senior team members.
- Comprehensive awareness and love of emerging platforms and technologies, changing formats, and innovative ways to bring ideas to life beyond traditional experiential and digital media
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.