A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power.
About The Team:
Refinery29 International’s Branded Content group is a cross-functional and collaborative team of strategists and creatives responsible for developing and delivering ideas that align with our brand mission, engage our audience, and deliver results for our clients. This team, working in close partnership with key stakeholders across R29 and VICE, is tasked with driving growth for R29 International through mission-driven large-scale initiatives and brand partnerships.
About The Role:
As a Strategist, you will be responsible for connecting cultural and audience insights to creative inspiration and opportunities in order to design and propose programmes that fulfill our clients’ asks by authentically connecting them to our brand and audience.
You will play a leadership role throughout the pre-sale process, which starts with understanding the client’s objectives and challenges and ends with proposing a compelling and competitive solution only R29 is able to provide. You will work closely and collaboratively with the Sales, Creative, Production, and Insight teams at R29 as well as partners across VICE Media Group in order to craft programmes that live exclusively on R29 as well as across VMG.
This is a freelance role for immediate hire, reporting into the Associate Strategy Director.
What you'll do:
- Independently dissecting client briefs to identify the core problem that R29 is uniquely positioned to solve
- Tapping into your knowledge of audience, cultural, editorial, tech, and media trends to add an additional layer of insight to the opportunity
- Finding genuine connection points between client briefs and R29 capabilities, editorial programming, and commercial creative ideas
- Writing clear and concise creative briefs to guide and inspire internal teams in ideation
- Leading brainstorms to collaboratively develop original and compelling cross-platform programmes and creative ideas/executions
- Working cross-functionally to lead the proposal deck creation process — including proposal structure and overarching narrative — to ensure the final deliverable represents the Refinery29 brand and responds to the client brief
- Presenting and pitching proposals to internal stakeholders and clients
- Feeding your innate curiosity by remaining tapped into culture, abreast of industry and market trends, conducting primary and secondary research around brands, categories, platforms
- Building a deep knowledge and understanding of the R29 brand, capabilities, editorial programming, content performance, platform optimisations
- Identifying opportunities for R29 thought leadership within the cultural, creative, and media landscape
- Actively being a brand champion, supporting R29’s mission and guiding principles not only in your work but also how you work
What You Already Are:
- A strong communicator with excellent deck making, presenting, and copywriting skills.
- A continuous learner with a growth mindset - You are curious about the world around you and enjoy the process of uncovering new information, digging deep into niche topics, and broadening your understanding of the world and developing your abilities.
- A problem solver and lateral thinker - You are able to sift through information and ambiguity to find clarity; sometimes taking indirect and creative approaches to connect dots and identify solutions
- Known to be an empathetic, supportive, and trusted teammate - Your employees, peers, and co-workers value your collaboration, excellence, ideas and contributions.
- Able to focus on the detail while also keeping the big picture in mind
- Able to devise and implement a plan of action against deadlines, effectively coordinating oupt across different teams and internal stakeholder in short time frames
- Purpose-driven - Refinery29 is committed to supporting women in claiming their power in big and small ways. We are a purpose & mission-driven company and love people who have a passion to make a difference with their work.
- Entrepreneurial in your mindset - You have a vision for what needs to be done and you go about doing it and getting it done. You see and maximize opportunities for business growth. You care about driving success. You will not be micromanaged in this role. We expect you to take full ownership of your area and your results.
- Open, collaborative and curious - this is an ever-changing fast-paced company and we value people who listen and collaborate with an open mind for possible new ways of doing things.
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and commit to building an inclusive work environment and a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit Refinery29's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.