Talent Casting Manager
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
What Makes an R29er?:
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality
What you’ll do:
- Network with worldwide modeling agencies, scouts, and photographers to secure and maintain an inventory of top talent for current and future bookings ranging from models to street casting and real girls
- Act as the lead post-sales point of contact for Sales (and where necessary, clients) to help manage talent deliverables and client approvals, and as primary point of contact to relevant internal departments (Talent, Production, Client Services Account Management, Video) during the production process
- Must be able to collaborate with top level stake holders including Photo Director, Styling Director and Art Directors
- Demonstrate success in sourcing dynamic talent for various shoots both editorial and branded that drive traffic and complements the shoots creative while maintaining the brands casting lens
- Must be able to bring the Refinery29 casting lens to branded content that feels authentic to Refinery29 while aligning with client needs and criteria
- Oversee administrative functions including invoicing, scheduling, model releases
What you have:
- Experience within the fashion photography and modeling industry working as an agent and/or within casting
- Must have casting experience in ethnic and body diversity, among the LGBTQ communities, people with disabilities and talent with various skills such as dancers, artists, athletes, creatives, tastemakers, etc.
- Leveraging deep knowledge of Digital Influencer landscape, formats and best practices
- Must have a strong knowledge in talent rates and usages across edit and branded photo and video
- Ability to perform well in high-pressure situations and able to pay attention to detail and juggle multiple projects at once
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and commit to building an inclusive work environment and a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit Refinery29's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Program Manager, Diversity & Inclusion
DraftKings, Boston, MA