Senior Social Editor
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading digital media & entertainment company dedicated to inspiring women to live an informed & well-rounded life. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power by delivering optimistic and diverse creativity, storytelling, and points of view. Focused around core values of individuality, inclusivity, and impact, we create content that speaks to 360 degrees of a woman’s life, including editorial articles, original video programming, shareable social content across a variety of platforms, and live experiences. Our content sits at the intersection of style and substance, helping our audience live a more informed and inspired life.
About the team:
We create and distribute content on Refinery29’s Snapchat Discover, including but not limited to recut videos and designed and animated flat articles, with the goal of driving engagement, time spent, and subscriber numbers. We help shape and guide how Refinery29 and its impact can grow into these spaces, delivering on the promise of fresh content, tools, and discussions every day. This multifaceted team touches all formats and content categories, collaborating with all other departments to produce, promote, and package the content to meet Refinery29’s goals.
Senior Social Editor, Snapchat
The Senior Editor runs the day-to-day operations of Snapchat Discover. This role is responsible for keeping the Snapchat publishing schedule on track and on brand, requesting videos and designed and animated assets as needed. This role also serves as Quality Control for all assets published on the Snapchat Discover platform, including copy editing and final approval on designed assets. This role acts as programming manager, content strategist, and top editor. The ideal employee for this position is self-motivated, organized, creative, and solution-oriented.
What you'll do:
- Maintain programming calendar and strategy for Refinery29’s Snapchat Discover, sharing to pertinent parties as needed to facilitate brand takeovers
- Produce, from ideation to programming, Snapchat editions (roughly four editions a week), including:
- Sourcing articles and videos to hit the platform’s goals
- Re-editing content, organizing necessary information in order to request recuts with time codes, or designed and animated assets
- Final lock on all Snapchat original videos and top-snap recuts
- Top edit all editorial content, subtitles, headlines and graphics, including platform tool formatting
- Send/ensure delivery & upload of fixes
- Source tile imagery based on best-practices
- Build editions as needed
- Ideate, organize and programs tentpole initiatives on Snap
- Manages workflow for the team
- Manages Snapchat intern, guiding them in their pitches and execution, as well as career growth
- Tracks industry trends and competitors for potential opportunities for growth.
- Responsible for the organization and execution of branded takeover editions
- Run Snapchat meetings and attend cross-departmental meetings as Snapchat representative
- Gather and report on Snapchat analytics, sharing with relevant parties as necessary
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.