Sex & Wellness Writer
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com/en-us, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
Content spearheaded by the Commerce team refines the global marketplace with creative storytelling that is expertly researched and crafted to convert R29’s smart, driven, and stylish readers into loyal shoppers.
About the job:
The Sex & Wellness Writer will expand on shoppable service and experiential content for millennial women across sexual pleasure, wellness, health and deal-hunting categories. With a pulse on pop culture, this role will discover, track, redefine, and create market trends — sourcing what’s next from brands, educators, Instagram, experts, and all walks of The Market Hunt. Using sharp storytelling and R29’s wink, they will educate readers while also inspiring them to shop.
What you’ll do:
- Write 2-3 shopping stories per day (original content, trending pieces, and updates)
- Collaborate with the Commerce and Editorial teams to execute fresh, elevated, voicey, and shareable content
- Work with Commerce Director to meet monthly revenue goals through shopping performance analysis
- Represent R29 at market appointments, affiliate meetings, and applicable press trips
- Conceptualize innovative features, landmark series, and SEO-driven content within the revenue-driving vertical
- Conduct interviews with industry leaders and influencers
- Maintain PR and affiliate relationships to stay ahead of trends, brand launches, and revenue opportunities
- Produce 1 shopping newsletter a week
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of relevant experience at a publication or digital media company where you focused on sex education, sexual pleasure, relationships, and wellness writing
- A positive, intuitive, proactive, and collaborative mindset that is eager to push shoppable content to the next level
- Market knowledge and an understanding of R29’s unique voice and style POV
- Excellent written, verbal, and creative-vision skills
- An organized ability to work on and meet timely deadlines
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working with a fast-paced, high-volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem solving in an ever-changing environment
- A motivated self-starter
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.