A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential.
About the Role:
Refinery29 is looking for a Managing Editor to oversee the daily operations of our growing editorial team. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced editor with excellent organisational and management skills, enthusiasm around creating more efficient editorial processes, strategic problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong industry contacts, and a solid understanding of both budgets and data insights.
What You'll Do:
Workflow and Content Management:
- Oversee content production and manage content calendar.
- Answer content questions, legal concerns, and personnel issues for the R29 editorial, art and social teams.
- Work closely with the Head of Content to execute the most cutting-edge content online.
- Chair editorial meetings when required.
- Work with Head of Content to build out global content calendar and tentpoles.
- Pitch, edit and commission sharp features.
- Following news meeting led by Head of Content, oversee news production and editing for the day.
- Line manage a team and be responsible for their development and progression (including editorial intern, editorial assistant, staff writer and sub-editor).
- Track and reconcile department budget and be key point of contact for any finance enquiries relating to editorial department from R29 finance team and any freelancers/vendors. • Manage the deadlines for all tentpole projects and packages on the global content calendar.
- Oversee new editorial hires and their onboarding.
- Work with AIM team to ensure refinery29.com/en-gb reaches monthly traffic goals and be main liaison for any enquiries or requests. Assist in execution of SEO strategy.
What You Have:
- Relevant experience.
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior judgement and discretion.
- Proficiency in CMS and SEO.
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.