Refinery29, Los Angeles
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
About the team:
Refinery29 is looking for a sharp video producer with a passion for beauty and experience producing editorial content. Must be a skilled short form storyteller, a highly motivated self-starter, show a positive attitude, and a desire to reach women through beauty.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment and passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential
The ideal candidate for this position will be extremely detailed, organized and a skilled multi-tasker with strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in digital media planning is a plus. Previous or current experience working with fashion, retail or entertainment required.
Works with the Refinery29 team in all aspects of digital production development, pre-production, production and post
Able to field produce and direct segments independently, troubleshooting logistical and creative elements, with support from production management and producer(s)
Works with producer to develop new ideas and support the production of those concepts
Is capable of owning a formatted project from start to finish
Formats creative decks
Researches and casts stories
Responsible for camera reports, receipts, expenses
Beginning knowledge of script writing
Works interdepartmentally, coordinating with other teams- such as programming and talent teams to find perfect talent for videos
Understands audience insights from programming team/editorial team and how to incorporate them into productions
- Work closely with Executive Producer to concept and ideate creative for video dedicated to all content
- Budget, allocate resources, set deadlines
- Develop production schedules
- Select and hire crew and talent
- Reserve and rent equipment
- Produce and deliver 30-40 short form assets per month
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects)
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior judgement and discretion
- Unwavering desire to learn more about your craft and continue to become better
- Ability to cohesively and effectively work within a large creative organization, to embrace new experiences and take direction well. We welcome smart, intuitive candidates who have a passion for working in video production and for storytelling.
- Experience shooting - both DSLR and prosumer cameras a plus
- Experience with editing software a plus
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit Refinery29's website.
391 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Social Media Video Editor