Vice President of Business Affairs and Operations, UK
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
POSITION: VP Business Affairs and Operations
LOCATION: London Office
CLOSING DATE: 9 September 2017
Refinery29 is looking to hire a Vice President of Business Affairs and Operations to drive forward its European business, currently Refinery29, UK and Refinery29 Germany, but envisaging more markets in 2018 and beyond.
Reporting to the SVP International, this role will work with SVP International to create, and implement a compelling resource and strategy plan, and build an effective, inspired and high-performance team, ensuring that it is set up for future success. This role will be responsible for operations and finance, including budgeting and monitoring of business costs and head up business affairs and legal in Europe, including being the main point of contact for external counsel and leading negotiation for new business development. They will actively train and mentor their team, bring a passion for, and relentless focus on, advancing their skills. They will be a fulcrum in the UK business taking responsibility for communication with key teams in New York including Legal, HR, and Finance.
Applications must be received by 9 September 2017
Key Responsibilities include:
- Business and resource planning including overseeing the annual budget process
- Key point of contact for finance including cost management and forecasting
- Goal setting with cross-functional teams
- Managing reporting from across the international business including on business metrics/goals and finance
- Operational efficiency and compliance: including managing office space planning, leases, and health & safety
- Lead for all HR issues across departments, with the support of and global HR team in NYC
- Manage all European legal including as required drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of contracts from production to strategic partnerships and international business development.
- Research various legal issues including intellectual property, defamation, contract law, privacy & data security, advertising, and employment law.
- Demonstrable experience working for a digital media company with direct experience of advertiser funded programming, content licensing and platform syndication deals.
- Direct proven experience of supporting international business development, including launching publishing or media business in international markets.
- Track record of managing cross functional stakeholders and delivering complex strategic projects.
- Experience in delivering and tracking operational plans and managing relationships with finance teams.
- Experience of negotiating and managing property and acquiring leasehold space.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently while serving a variety of departments within the company.
- Superior communication, writing, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical orientation, and an ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions.
- Qualified lawyer.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field and extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic.
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit www.Refinery29.com
Jobs You May Like
Customer Operations Advisor - Bilingual German
Squarespace, Dublin, IE
Project Manager, Content Distribution
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
CX - Quality Program Manager
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Quality Control Operator
HelloFresh, Sydney - Greystanes
Public Affairs Manager, APAC
Glossier, New York, NY