Video Intern (Fall)
Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
Refinery29 is the leading digital media company for young women. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power by delivering optimistic and diverse creativity, storytelling, and points of view. Focused around core values of individuality, inclusivity, and impact, we create content that speaks to 360 degrees of a woman’s life, including editorial articles, original video programming, shareable social content across a variety of platforms, and live experiences. Our content sits at the intersection of style and substance, helping our audience live a more informed and inspired life.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential
Refinery29 is looking for creators, storytellers, and collaborators. The video intern should be interested in the process of sourcing pitches and be packaging these stories for our Refinery29 audience.
What you have:
- Strong understanding of Refinery29's videos, style, brand, and mission
- Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong understanding of post-production workflow and proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, and their proper handling in a post workflow is also a plus.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with research for original ideas, projects, and series.
- Assist production team with researching potential shooting locations
- Going on runs
- Log footage
- Organize releases and other production related materials.
- Help with administrative tasks such as organizing and tracking expenses
- Assist producers as needed on set
Our internships are paid and require you to be in our NYC office at least 3 days a week.
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit www.Refinery29.com
Jobs You May Like
Global Content Services Manager
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Group Creative Director, Food & Wine/Cooking Light
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
Freelance Video Producer/Editor
BuzzFeed, New York
Senior Creative Copywriter / Texter English (f/m)
Freelance Video Editor, User Generated Tech Content
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
BuzzFeed, Mexico City