Refinery29, New York
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life
About the team:
- We’re looking for an experienced videographer to join R29’s expanding in-house video department. If you love nothing more than to be in the field shooting and producing video content you’ll love this job.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential.
- The ideal candidate for this position will be extremely detailed, organized and a skilled multi-tasker with strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in digital media planning is a plus. Previous or current experience working with fashion, retail or entertainment required.
What you'll do:
- Shooting a variety of styles of original and branded content, in the field and in the studio, including documentary pieces, commercial-style shoots, long-form, etc.
- Organizing shot footage for post-production as well as for archives.
- Periodically producing shoots in the field – your own and others’ – including directing cameras, dealing with talent, and obtaining signed releases and clearances.
- Working with producers to properly set up shoots and projects.
- Travel for domestic and/or international shoots, as required.
- Help create and develop ideas for specific shoots or serialized shows as a member of R29 editorial and creative team.
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience shooting – both DSLR and pro-sumer cameras.
- 2+ years of experience production experience.
- Knows how to handle both audio and video in the field; knowledgeable on how to light scenes.
- Strong understanding of storytelling – visually and narratively.
- Workable editing skills using Final Cut 7 or Adobe Premiere
- Unwavering desire to learn more about your craft and continue to become better.
- Ability to cohesively and effectively work within a large creative organization, to embrace new experiences and take direction well. We welcome smart, intuitive candidates who have a passion for working in video production and for storytelling.
- A deep love of beauty, style, wellness, and news is a bonus.
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Through award-winning original programming, Refinery29 connects a fast-growing audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world.
Want to learn more about Refinery29? Visit www.Refinery29.com
Jobs You May Like
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Freelance Writer, San Francisco
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group, San Francisco
Assistant Photo Producer
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Post Production - International Originals (EMEA)
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Video Operations Coordinator
Time Inc., New York, NY
Freelance Writer, Berlin
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Berlin