Lead Rendering Programmer
Relic Entertainment, Vancouver, BC
GAME WITH US.
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re looking for a Lead Rendering Programmer to work in our Vancouver studio. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
As a Lead Programmer (Rendering) you will…
- Shape the long-term technical roadmap for the game engine behind Age IV, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes,
- Own the development and improvement of rendering technology and tools on our proprietary game engine
- Be the go-to development support person behind shader, lighting and FX integration
- Collaborate with artists and designers to ensure content fulfills their vision
- Share knowledge among the studio and nurture the development of junior programmers
We are looking for someone who has…
- 10+ years of programming experience using C++
- Shipped successful AAA titles on PC or console as a rendering programmer
- Lead a rendering team through an entire development cycle
- A computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with DirectX 11/12/Vulkan/LibGNM and HLSL
- Strong knowledge of 3D math and linear algebra
- A love for games
- A down to earth attitude
- Passion to evolve, grow, and lead
It is a bonus if you have…
- A website or github account with samples of your code
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.
About Relic Entertainment
About us Relic (acquired by SEGA in 2013) is founded on the premise that it is entirely possible to ship first class, genre altering, AAA titles – and have a life. If you love games and enjoy the process of perfecting something collaboratively – you’ll enjoy our culture. We believe great games start with great employees, so we invest in ours. That investment includes planning our development cycles carefully to minimize overtime; regular team events to bond and de-stress; organizational transparency so we’re all on the same page. Our goal is to be the best developer of innovative and highly creative video game entertainment. This means always pushing the boundaries. Achieving this requires passion, creativity, discipline and teamwork which are the cornerstones of the Relic workspace. By cultivating an open environment that encourages creative freedom, risk tolerance and attention to detail, we allow ourselves the luxury of continual re-evaluation without sacrificing momentum. We are an agile organization and we use the SCRUM methodology to facilitate our development process. As a result, both our staff and our games are continually improving. Embracing innovation, constantly examining our assumptions and emphasizing work life balance allows us to do something special – to go further. Further means: • PC Gamer “Game of the Year” – Twice. • PC Gamer “Highest rated RTS” – Ever. • IGN, Gamespy and Gamespot Expansion of the Year • IGN and Gamespy Developer of the Year