Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
As a Principal Engine Programmer you will….
- Develop and maintain Engine Systems which can include Animation, Physics, F/X and others
- Innovate and improve workflows and user experience
- Develop and design robust, modular, efficient, and scalable systems that can handle large RTS worlds
- Identify performance issues; design, estimate, and implement optimizations
- Work across disciplines to identify needs and requirements of the game teams
- Mentor other programmers, provide feedback and alternate solutions for challenging problems, and share best practices
You are a great fit if you have…
- Game engine systems experience and related pipeline tools
- Experience with low-level optimizations and toolchains
- Strong knowledge of C++
- A post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Good understanding of modern processors and their performance capabilities
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- A desire to learn, share, and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Knowledge of Real Time Strategy (RTS) games
- An interest in math and linear algebra
- Experience with data-oriented design and unit testing
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Knowledge of C#
- A website or github account with samples of your code
- A passion for games! OR An interest in the tech or gaming industry
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.
About Relic Entertainment
About us Relic (acquired by SEGA in 2013) is founded on the premise that it is entirely possible to ship first class, genre altering, AAA titles – and have a life. If you love games and enjoy the process of perfecting something collaboratively – you’ll enjoy our culture. We believe great games start with great employees, so we invest in ours. That investment includes planning our development cycles carefully to minimize overtime; regular team events to bond and de-stress; organizational transparency so we’re all on the same page. Our goal is to be the best developer of innovative and highly creative video game entertainment. This means always pushing the boundaries. Achieving this requires passion, creativity, discipline and teamwork which are the cornerstones of the Relic workspace. By cultivating an open environment that encourages creative freedom, risk tolerance and attention to detail, we allow ourselves the luxury of continual re-evaluation without sacrificing momentum. We are an agile organization and we use the SCRUM methodology to facilitate our development process. As a result, both our staff and our games are continually improving. Embracing innovation, constantly examining our assumptions and emphasizing work life balance allows us to do something special – to go further. Further means: • PC Gamer “Game of the Year” – Twice. • PC Gamer “Highest rated RTS” – Ever. • IGN, Gamespy and Gamespot Expansion of the Year • IGN and Gamespy Developer of the Year
Want to learn more about Relic Entertainment? Visit Relic Entertainment's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.