Are you a natural problem solver?
Are you a methodical and analytical engineer who loves a good challenge?
If so, our Senior Programmer openings on an exciting unannounced title might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for Senior Programmers to join the team at our HQ in Vancouver, Canada. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
We're on the search for Senior Programmers who are excited to code in all disciplines: AI, Engine & Optimization, Build, Gameplay, Rendering, Tools and UI.
As our Senior Programmer, here's what you might be doing...
- Maintain and develop features for our game and the tools that go with it
- Contribute ideas on all aspects of game production and development
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from definition to testing
- Create software systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross platform
- Roll up your sleeves and work to regularly debug, profile and optimize code
We're looking for someone who has...
- 8+ years’ experience in games or has shipped multiple AAA or console titles
- A post-secondary education (degree) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of C#, Java, Action Script 3, and Lua
- A love for games: You’re a gamer with a passion for creating the best games for our players
- A down to earth attitude: You strive to be the best in your field and you welcome feedback, change, and real talk!
- Passion to evolve and grow: You want to hone your craft to create a legacy while contributing to Relic’s roadmap to the future
It's a bonus if you...
- Experience with MFC
- Interest in math and linear algebra
- A website or github account with samples of your code
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, and Hardlight Studio) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our programming team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Have you heard? We’re making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social:
About Relic Entertainment
About us Relic (acquired by SEGA in 2013) is founded on the premise that it is entirely possible to ship first class, genre altering, AAA titles – and have a life. If you love games and enjoy the process of perfecting something collaboratively – you’ll enjoy our culture. We believe great games start with great employees, so we invest in ours. That investment includes planning our development cycles carefully to minimize overtime; regular team events to bond and de-stress; organizational transparency so we’re all on the same page. Our goal is to be the best developer of innovative and highly creative video game entertainment. This means always pushing the boundaries. Achieving this requires passion, creativity, discipline and teamwork which are the cornerstones of the Relic workspace. By cultivating an open environment that encourages creative freedom, risk tolerance and attention to detail, we allow ourselves the luxury of continual re-evaluation without sacrificing momentum. We are an agile organization and we use the SCRUM methodology to facilitate our development process. As a result, both our staff and our games are continually improving. Embracing innovation, constantly examining our assumptions and emphasizing work life balance allows us to do something special – to go further. Further means: • PC Gamer “Game of the Year” – Twice. • PC Gamer “Highest rated RTS” – Ever. • IGN, Gamespy and Gamespot Expansion of the Year • IGN and Gamespy Developer of the Year
Want to learn more about Relic Entertainment? Visit Relic Entertainment's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Solutions Engineer
Teads, Paris, London
Security and Compliance Program Manager
Helix, San Carlos
Senior Android Engineer
Foursquare, New York
Infrastructure Engineer - Network/Security Engineer
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Cloud Ops Engineer
Software Engineer - Intern - Summer
Yelp, San Francisco, CA