Relic Entertainment, Vancouver, BC
GAME WITH US.
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We have a unique opportunity for a Technical Director to help us build and lead a highly talented team of Programmers. Please reach out to us if you are an experienced and collaborative technical leader who is committed to quality, and deeply familiar with the art of game development, our industry, and the AAA environment.
As a Technical Director, you will...
- Own and drive the overall technical vision, architecture, and execution of the project
- Oversee the programming team and help them make the most out of their day-to-day work by establishing coding guidelines, best practices, and leading regular code reviews etc.
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained in all directions to guarantee the quality of the game
- As part of the project’s leadership team, contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Plan, manage, document, and track project workflows; assist with tracking project schedules
- Actively share insights, expertise, and best practices across the studio
You are a great fit if you have…
- A recognized ability to grow, motivate, challenge, and lead technical teams
- The ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
- Extraordinary communication, collaboration, and relationship-building skills
- A growth mindset and commitment to continuous learning and personal development
- Experience with developing in a proprietary engine and across the full life cycle of AAA game development
- Excellent C++ and command of network and code best practices for games
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- A commitment to collaboration, teamwork, and delivery
- Passion, creativity, and a desire to make a significant impact
- Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent/relevant work experience
It is a bonus if you have…
- A website or github account with samples of your code
- A passion for playing and creating strategy games
- Shipped multiple AAA products, at least one in a Principal Programmer - Technical Director role
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.
About Relic Entertainment
About us Relic (acquired by SEGA in 2013) is founded on the premise that it is entirely possible to ship first class, genre altering, AAA titles – and have a life. If you love games and enjoy the process of perfecting something collaboratively – you’ll enjoy our culture. We believe great games start with great employees, so we invest in ours. That investment includes planning our development cycles carefully to minimize overtime; regular team events to bond and de-stress; organizational transparency so we’re all on the same page. Our goal is to be the best developer of innovative and highly creative video game entertainment. This means always pushing the boundaries. Achieving this requires passion, creativity, discipline and teamwork which are the cornerstones of the Relic workspace. By cultivating an open environment that encourages creative freedom, risk tolerance and attention to detail, we allow ourselves the luxury of continual re-evaluation without sacrificing momentum. We are an agile organization and we use the SCRUM methodology to facilitate our development process. As a result, both our staff and our games are continually improving. Embracing innovation, constantly examining our assumptions and emphasizing work life balance allows us to do something special – to go further. Further means: • PC Gamer “Game of the Year” – Twice. • PC Gamer “Highest rated RTS” – Ever. • IGN, Gamespy and Gamespot Expansion of the Year • IGN and Gamespy Developer of the Year
Want to learn more about Relic Entertainment? Visit Relic Entertainment's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one