Senior Brand Manager
Relic Entertainment, Vancouver, BC
GAME WITH US.
Are you a strategic marketing leader who can generate excitement for our games?
Are you known for your ability to think creatively, build trust and lead a creative marketing team through a successful product launch?
If so, our Senior Brand Manager role might be the perfect fit for you!
Please note in order to be successful in this role, experience in the Game Industry is essential.
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager who will plan and execute marketing strategies, lead a creative marketing and community team, and support a strong player-first approach. You will drive highly marketable content and strategic messaging outwards to strategy fans around the world. Working with Relic's development team and SEGA's international brand team, you will align key marketing tactics to ensure both marketing and game development plans are clearly in line with player expectations.
As our Senior Brand Manager you will…
- Lead a team through the strategic brand management of our titles, from inception through to live operations, ensuring long-term health and consumer engagement
- Work closely with a dedicated Community Manager, Development Leads, and External Market & User Research partners in order to extract relevant player insights and market data
- Act as a product expert – you will evangelize our brand to external partners (our publisher, plus licensors, retailers and agencies) to mobilize support and advocacy across the business
- Make sound business recommendations to the Executive Producer and the SEGA publishing group to enhance agreed marketing programs
- Guide SEGA’s media briefing and planning process through close collaboration with SEGA’s Marketing team
- Liaise with the Communications team to ensure that communications are consistent and reflect brand positioning & consumer targeting
You are a great fit if you…
- Have shipped a AAA title (console or PC) as a Product, Marketing, or Brand Manager, and have a relevant degree and/or commensurate experience
- Have solid leadership skills, with experience in building and leading a marketing and community team
- Are experienced working with mid-sized marketing teams, and have a familiarity with global campaigns including PR, Community Management, analytics, events, and creative assets
- Can leverage your strong knowledge of industry trends to set relevant marketing KPIs, utilizing in-game and online analytics to measure performance regularly
- Have excellent presentation and writing skills – you are a polished communicator who thrives presenting to a group of experienced development leaders and shows confidence in your approach
- A desire to learn and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- A passion for real-time strategy games
- A strong understanding of the PC gaming and digital distribution landscapes
- Experience with go-to-market planning with online games and Live-Ops
- An international marketing background and community management experience
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.
About Relic Entertainment
About us Relic (acquired by SEGA in 2013) is founded on the premise that it is entirely possible to ship first class, genre altering, AAA titles – and have a life. If you love games and enjoy the process of perfecting something collaboratively – you’ll enjoy our culture. We believe great games start with great employees, so we invest in ours. That investment includes planning our development cycles carefully to minimize overtime; regular team events to bond and de-stress; organizational transparency so we’re all on the same page. Our goal is to be the best developer of innovative and highly creative video game entertainment. This means always pushing the boundaries. Achieving this requires passion, creativity, discipline and teamwork which are the cornerstones of the Relic workspace. By cultivating an open environment that encourages creative freedom, risk tolerance and attention to detail, we allow ourselves the luxury of continual re-evaluation without sacrificing momentum. We are an agile organization and we use the SCRUM methodology to facilitate our development process. As a result, both our staff and our games are continually improving. Embracing innovation, constantly examining our assumptions and emphasizing work life balance allows us to do something special – to go further. Further means: • PC Gamer “Game of the Year” – Twice. • PC Gamer “Highest rated RTS” – Ever. • IGN, Gamespy and Gamespot Expansion of the Year • IGN and Gamespy Developer of the Year
Want to learn more about Relic Entertainment? Visit Relic Entertainment's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.