At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We’re looking for an experienced backend software engineer reporting to the Technical Lead to help us build the next generation of our fraud prevention systems.You will work on high impact projects across a variety of technologies with a focus on scalability and customer experience.
- Be part of an early-stage team of experienced backend developers
- Work with machine learning engineers, risk specialists and data scientists to build systems that reduce fraud and compliance risks
- Build backend software that is tasked to reduce customer friction while keeping customer's accounts safe
- Create flexible platform that would support the needs of multiple financial products for years to come
- Lead technical projects within the team, create designs and communicate them to engineers and product managers
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Desire to develop your skills in software development best practices, system design, software design patterns, algorithms and building great customer experiences.
- Expertise in one or more general-purpose languages like Go, Java, , PHP, C#, Python, or Ruby.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance benefits.
- Company contributes to your HSA plan if you choose one.
- 401k plan with company matching.
- Free snacks, hot and cold beverages.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals looking for employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
145 Active Jobs
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.