Senior Software Development Engineer, Fraud Prevention
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We’re looking for an experience software engineer to help us build the next generation of our fraud prevention systems. In this role, you’ll work on high impact initiatives across a variety of technologies with a focus on scalability and customer experience.
What will your experience on the team be like?
- You’ll be part of an early-stage team of experienced developers
- We run on modern technology stacks, relying on AWS offerings, automated testing, monitoring, and mature deployment infrastructure
- Our team is resourced and focused on identifying and building new systems from the ground up to address fraud risk, which is a core part of Remitly’s strategy
- We aim for quality software as a starting point and believe that work-life balance is required to make this happen
Some examples of things you’ll work on:
- Build and adapt network analysis systems to find bad actors with related accounts
- Machine-learning infrastructure used to train and deploy models
- Specialized data stores for low latency feature generation
- Building high availability event pipelines for real-time fraud analysis
- Investigation tools used by our global workforce to review transactions
What do we need from you?
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Strong desire to develop your skills in software development best practices, system design, software design patterns, algorithms and building great customer experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Data Engineer, Accounting Systems
Squarespace, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs/Consulting
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Systems Engineers
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Senior Software Engineer
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Tapingo, Tel Aviv
Senior Data Scientist
TripleLift, New York