At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
On the Global Product team, we build and ship the core Android and iOS applications used by all Remitly customers. Over the past few years, we’ve dramatically grown our team, focus, and customers. As such, we’re looking for someone that can establish and lead an ongoing program to increase our rate of app releases, improve release quality, and increase team velocity by coordinating QA and release schedules. We’re excited about this role’s immediate impact to the business, and its potential to expand towards driving a broader QA program.
As an App Release Manager, you’ll have two primary areas of focus: you’ll create and iterate on a program for app QA and releases, and you’ll coordinate with teams across Remitly to regularly perform or automate these releases. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be confident in dealing with uncertainty or ambiguity. You’ll need to define robust and scalable processes for teams to follow, but be flexible enough to understand nuances and deal with exceptions as they arise. You should enjoy working across teams, and be able to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in written form across all teams, local and international. You’ll utilize both common and custom technology to create and distribute new releases across platforms, as well as monitor and communicate rollouts.
- You’ll define the process for a recurring iOS and Android QA, app store management, and release schedule. You’ll continually iterate on this process, with a goal of releasing increasingly frequently while maintaining a high bar for release quality and without creating customer friction.
- You’ll work with Software Development Managers/Engineers/Marketers and Product Managers across the company to build an understanding of upcoming project dates and initiatives.
- You’ll drive the QA and rollout process for each release, making use of processes, technologies, and individuals across the company.
- You’ll take part in retrospectives around bugs or outages to continuously improve our release processes.
- You’ll explore processes, tools, and structures from other companies, sharing and incorporating insights across our development, product, and marketing teams, with an eye for continuously improving and automating our app release strategies.
- You’ll serve as the leader and coordinator when we need to make an emergency release or resolve a conflict that would otherwise delay our release schedule.
- You’ll lead triage of issues found during QA, communicating and driving follow-on work with the associated team/individual.
- You’ll help monitor the performance of applications during rollout, coordinating rollback or patch releases if necessary.
- 3+ years experience in app release management, QA, product/program/technical product management (or equivalent) roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Experience with building, testing, or distributing mobile applications
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Track record of defining and enacting processes for app releases, QA, or similar
Who we are
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners