At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We are looking for an exceptional Machine Learning Engineer to unlock the full potential of our data and leverage the power of machine learning to make a difference in the organization. The Data Team at Remitly is a fast paced environment where you will work on high-impact exciting projects to enhance our customer experience, marketing efficiency, and operational excellence.
In this role you will:
- You will expand Remitly’s competitive edge by delivering world class production-ready data products and by having a prominent role in shaping our growing machine learning team.
- You will have the opportunity to make a substantial impact across the entire company by building machine-learning based products that create significant value for our Product, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Risk teams. You will partner with stakeholders to internalize their problem domain and uncover opportunities where machine learning solutions are appropriate.
- Your passion for data, problem solving, creativity and ownership will empower you to deliver these data products end-to-end. With a background in both software engineering and machine learning, you will collaborate with business stakeholders, engineering, product and other teams to lead the implementation of the entire machine learning life-cycle, from understanding requirements to deploying and maintaining the product in production and anything in between. Driven by business impact and customer centricity, you will strive for excellence through incremental improvements.
- You will have the unique opportunity to contribute in the shaping of our growing world class machine learning team and to be a role model for the rest of the team. You will provide technical excellence, continuously enhance our processes, improve our toolboxes and mentoring other team members uplifting the team engineering proficiency and elevating the overall machine learning expertise of the team.
Successful candidates should have:
- An MS in Computer Science, Applied Math or related Engineering fields (PhD is a plus)
- 5+ years of work experience building production ready systems, with at least 2+ years applying statistics, exploratory data analysis and machine learning that resulted in data-driven business impact.
- Solid knowledge of both the theory and application of ML algorithms
- Experienced Software Engineer, with proficiency systems design and data processing. Hands on experience with Python and ML libraries (e.g., scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, matplotlib, pandas etc), SQL, Scala, Spark, Hadoop.
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to present complex concepts in a clear narrative that influences stakeholders to take action.
- You are curious, love to continuously improve and exhibit the aptitude to learn quickly.
- You enjoy to develop exceptional people, to offer technical expertise and guidance and to elevate the overall expertise of the team.
- You love making a difference.
Who we are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners