As a Senior Product / UX Designer at Remitly you own and drive the end-to-end customer experience of our products. We set our bar high, and aim to design game changing customer experiences that delight our customers worldwide-and we’re in a position to make a big impact.
You understand the fundamentals of customer-centered, lean product design, you have demonstrated visual and interaction design skills, as well as the ability to conduct appropriate customer research. You are one of Remitly’s customer experience champions! At Remitly, we understand that good design is what sets products and companies apart.
What We Offer:
- A fun, friendly small team of Product/UX and Brand Designers who love to learn, collaborate, and challenge each other
- An environment filled with passionate and driven individuals that will challenge your thinking and learning on multiple levels
- We really LOVE lunch, and eat together as a team, often
- A beautiful new office space in downtown Seattle
- The freedom to be yourself and bring what you bring to the team
- Autonomy and respect within a highly collaborative team and organization
- Competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, a fully paid Orca transit card, free snacks, medical/dental/vision
What You're Looking For:
- You want to make a difference and have a high impact through design. You know that the difference between good design and great design is the last 1%.
- You want to tackle the complex challenge of designing a consistent, easy-to-use, and delightful product across all mobile and desktop devices for multiple demographics.
- You have an intuitive sense for what will work and what won’t, and you’re eager to test and seek out answers.
- You’re not afraid to raise your hand when you see something wrong and it pains you to see sloppily done work.
- You have a passion for staying on the cusp of what’s next in design and technology—embracing it and sharing it with everyone around you.
- You love what you do, and want to have fun doing it.
Key Responsibilities Product/UX Design:
- Work closely with the Product & Engineering teams to create solutions that address distinct user needs and business goals through workshops, design sprints, sketching, wireframes, motion studies, low and high fidelity prototypes, high-quality visual design, etc
- Design scalable systems and patterns for our web and native apps
- Create thoughtful strategies and presentations to communicate crisp concepts to stakeholders
- Work with engineering teams to ensure designs are leveraging technical possibilities, and then coded to spec
- Give and solicit open and honest feedback in order to continually raise the bar
- Evangelize and rationalize designs to cross-functional teams
- User Research & Testing - Elicit meaningful insights from our customers by designing and moderating generative and evaluative research sessions. We like to leverage the best methodology for the task at hand: including interviews, surveys, participatory design, concept testing, sorting, focus groups, usability testing, ab testing, etc.
- Asset & Resource Design - Work closely with the design team to build and maintain asset libraries (e.g. UI kits, UX flows, design templates, iconography, etc), help explore tools and workflows to increase efficiency and quality of design
- Team Dynamics - Give and solicit open and honest feedback in order to continually raise the bar, be an open and collaborative team member, and bring your fun side!
- 5+ years of experience designing web & mobile applications, with a strong portfolio of ux & product design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in: UX Design, Interactive Design, Industrial Design, HCI or related fields or experience
- Strong UX / Strategy with high-quality interactive and visual design skills
- Ability to prototype work using prototyping tools or code
- Proficiency in designing and leading customer research activities to guide design strategies, solutions, and validate your solutions
- Experience with user-centered design processes and lean UX
- Ability to distill broad ideas into crisp concepts
- Expertise in the distinct platform differences between iOS, Android, and Web
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Background in Fintech or E-commerce industry
- Experience with Service Design
- Bilingual in Spanish
Who We Are:
Remitly was founded with a mission to make sending money safe, convenient, and less expensive for the millions of people who send money home to their families everyday. Remitly is disrupting an antiquated 500B remittance industry by building a product that not only our customers love, but that has a real impact in their lives. We’re putting the power back into the hands of the consumer—where we believe it should be.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Qualitative UX Researcher: Core Products
Pinterest, San Francisco
Product Designer, Grailed
Gray Scalable, New York, NY
Senior Product Manager - Platform
Womply, Womply - SF
Optimus Ride, Boston, MA
Senior Product Design Engineer
Casper, San Francisco
Senior Product Manager
TripAdvisor, San Francisco, CA