At Remitly, we're helping people send over $3 billion around the globe driven by our mission to deliver on our promise to immigrants sending money across the world. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. You’ll building infrastructure to leverage data and machine learning to improve customer experience, marketing efficiency and risk exposure.The data-engineering team owns a diverse set of platforms so we're looking for an individual who enjoys and thrives in variety, supporting different domains.
What you will work on:
- Experimentation Platform. Do you like A/B tests? Does debating the merits of various algorithms in an experimentation stats engine sound interesting? You will work on a full-stack platform that leverages our data to drive business impacting decisions. You will need to solve problems like determining our treatment allocation strategy, building our stats engine to detect winning experiments and constructing a user-friendly UI used by product and marketing decision makers every day.
- Stream Processing as a Service. This real time data processing system is built using Kinesis and Flink. It powers critical systems, such as a our machine learning fraud prevention system and operational real time metrics. Your job will be to expand this service to allow other teams to define complex computations on streaming data.
- Machine Learning Platform. We use machine learning to solve important business problems, such as price setting and fraud detection. Increase our Machine Learning Engineers’ productivity by building tools that allow them to train, test, and deploy models faster. Construct the training pipeline that scales to large amounts of data. Create a hosting environment that empowers our Machine Learning Engineers to deploy and support their models in production.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience successfully delivering applications to customers
- The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to build infrastructure
- Proficient in at least two general purpose programming languages (Java, Ruby, Python) with hands-on experience working on disparate technology stacks, including front-end user interfaces and back-end systems
- Experience or a strong interest in building solutions leveraging big data technologies such as Hadoop, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Flink
- Passionate about helping others solve problems by building data-fuel applications that make it easy for users to consume and act on large amounts of data through innovative use of visualization and data presentation
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Algorithm Verification/Data
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Part Time Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Boston, MA
Senior Data Scientist - Data Products
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer, CRM
RetailMeNot, Austin, Texas
Data Scientist, Machine Learning & AI
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Modeling Scientist, Inventory & Creative