Software Development Engineer - Customer Experience Team
Does making an impact on customer’s experience excite you? Would you like to work in a friendly and dynamic team environment? You can help us build experiences customers love while making our marketing team more effective.
On this team, you’ll be focusing on building great experiences for our customers while improving and expanding acquisition and retention. You’ll be working with a small, passionate team of marketers, designers, and engineers dedicated to understanding and building great customer experiences. You’ll constantly iterating on our customer experience and building platforms and tools to learn faster and create a better customer experience. Your main focus will be building that platform. You’ll also have chances to create and shape the user experience of our cutting-edge internal applications. As part of this unique team, you will make a meaningful impact every day on both our customers and our business.
To succeed in this role, you should enjoy being in a fast-paced startup environment and working hands-on with others across the company. You should understand trade-offs to quickly build platforms and front-end experiences while not sacrificing performance or responsiveness. You should have a desire to continuously improve and be able to grow and build increasingly complex and dynamic software over time.
Some examples of current interesting problems include:
- Our unique content management system enables our marketing teams to design and modify our landing pages without any code change. This low-latency isomorphic React platform was developed in Typescript and NodeJS to create world-class landing pages.
- Building a robust, scalable and real-time system to manage promotions and rewards, based on rules and constraints, and also dynamically configurable.
- Understanding the needs of our receivers and conceiving new products/features for them.
- Building frictionless feedback experiences within our apps and website to understand how our customers perceive our product.
We're looking for people who meet the following requirements:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Must have worked on and shipped full stack features or products and have front end experience.
- Have a deep understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Consistent track record of building, shipping, and maintaining web services and systems on AWS.
- Passion for scalable, distributed systems.
- Enjoy working closely with application developers and product managers.
- Strong ability to mentor and influence other engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Does this sound like the place for you? Join us!
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Helpdesk Support (Part-Time)
MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Manager, Software Engineering
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Looker, Santa Cruz
Senior Distributed Systems Software Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California