At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet.
At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Banks International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers; PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders; Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures.
We are looking for an IT Security Software Development Engineer to help us accomplish our promises to our customers. Our customers trust us with their hard-earned money, and the financial well-being of their loved ones. We must earn that trust with every transaction. The Security team is aligned with the Infrastructure and Corporate Information Technology teams and part of the Product organisation.
What you’ll do
This is a senior role on a small team, so you will have the freedom to help establish our security roadmap and mentor other engineers. You will develop novel approaches to securing billions of dollars in transactions around the world. You will operate and develop solutions to protect, detect, and respond in new ways. You will provide close support to the Product organization and our customers, both by ensuring secure development and operations and also by shipping product features that enhance peace of mind.
- at least 3+ years in a web security/web development environment
- experience with infrastructure and Cloud-Native technologies – AWS (preferred), Containers, Kubernetes (optional: Istio, Prometheus, Jaeger)
- experience developing RESTful services and using web-programming languages
- familiarity with design patterns
- familiarity with vulnerability scanning (servers, containers, applications)
- knowledge of databases: AWS RDS and DynamoDB
- incident response skills or interest
- nice to have: Linux administration background
- nice to have: certifications: CEH, GWAPT, OSCP, or CISSP
- build backend systems that support authentication (password, MFA, public key) and encryption for customer-facing services,
- have used Golang or have a willingness to learn it,
- know secure development practices,
- implement identity or authentication,
- build web application security,
- be a mentor: security consulting internally or with clients
- have incident response skills or interest,
- Potentially: secure coding for payments using encryption or tokenization, penetration testing and assessment
- Report to US-based Manager
Who You Are:
- A creative security engineer with deep and broad exposure to security disciplines
- Focused on engineering solutions to security challenges
- Respond to security issues and incident management
Benefits & Work Environment:
- Private Medical Care + Insurance (UNUM) + Travel Insurance (LUX MED VIP)
- Sport Card (MultiSport)
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Lift desks and the latest equipment of your preference
- Public transportation tickets reimbursement
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
File hosting service