At Remitly, we're helping people send over $3 billion around the globe driven by our mission to deliver on our promise to immigrants sending money across the world.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer at Remitly, you are a builder and a leader, responsible for taking on complex technical and customer problems and creating great products backed by great systems. We use cutting edge languages, tools, and frameworks to build applications and services on top of a scalable cloud architecture. Our startup work environment is fast-paced, passionate and growing quickly.
Successful senior engineers use their experience to research and evaluate technical options, then apply standard methodologies and design patterns to architect, build, and maintain high quality systems. They work across teams to define and articulate the true technical requirements underlying feature requests, and design with an eye for simultaneously accomplishing company goals, improving existing systems, and reducing technical debt. They are also acutely aware that software isn’t complete after shipping, instead designing for stability, monitoring, and maintenance over time; they create systems that can evolve but last for years. More than just building, senior engineers also mentor, evangelize engineering practices, and continuously encourage technical excellence across the company.
Some examples of current interesting problems include:
- Building APIs, services, mobile, and web applications for our next-generation customer experience.
- Designing a robust system to provide timely and cost-effective customer support across a variety of modern communication channels.
- Building a scalable platform for integrating with diverse bank APIs around the globe to collect, manage, track, and disburse funds.
- Integrating online machine learning and predictive analytics models with our transactional systems to predict customer demand and prevent fraud.
You should possess:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer.
- A deep understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with Java; PHP background is an advantage
- Strong ability to mentor and influence other engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience defining and influencing technical designs and processes across a team.
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Does this sound like the place for you? Join us!
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Front End Web Developer
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Poynt, Palo Alto, CA, US
Senior Back-End Node.js Engineer
Sr. Backend Engineer, OTT
Vimeo, New York, NY
Junior Project Manager
Warby Parker, New York, NY