Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly's Marketing Analytics team is the core of our data-driven growth, using data to improve new customer acquisition and retention, and provide the business intelligence/metrics for the Marketing team. As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, reporting to the head of the Marketing Analytics, you will fuel Remitly's growth marketing engine with data! You understand that rigorous analysis and informed decision-making rely on high-quality data and you are passionate about ensuring that our marketing data meets those standards. You will build pipelines to ensure data availability, improve metrics accuracy, and working with partners to incorporate new data (both internal and third-party).
What You'll Do
- Be a data owner, partnering with the Marketing, Marketing Platform, and Data Engineering teams to ensure data accuracy, while leading root cause analysis to assess issues and inconsistencies.
- Work with team members to establish requirements and functional specifications for a BI solution - including data requirements, data processing requirements, reporting/presentation layer requirements.
- Perform data processing from multiple data sources and manage current data integrations.
- Develop frameworks for understanding data stability and the impact of changes to data on our business.
- Identify problems and lead solutions for scaling and automating marketing capabilities beyond the native platforms of Google and Facebook.
- Drive data architecture and modeling recommendations.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or quantitative field.
- 3+ years experience in a data/analytics role.
- Proficient in R, Python, or other programming languages.
- You have experience with data visualization and related tools (e.g. Tableau, Sisense/Periscope).
- You establish clear project timelines and priorities, and managing expectations through status updates.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and experience with data from 3rd parties.
- Bonus points if you have experience writing ETL jobs in Scala (or similar) and scheduling ETL jobs in Azkaban (or similar).
Who We Are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits and a 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.