Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Are you looking to grow, own meaningful projects, and work in a compelling problem space?
Does working on a team focused on accelerating Remitly's growth by focusing on improving the customer experience excite you? Are you interested in working across the mobile, web, and service stack? Would you be excited to learn about and improve Remitly's business and customer experience, thinking not just about code, but also collaborating on our product and user experience?
On the International Product team, you'll be focusing on executing a rapid test and learn agenda with the goal of improving our customer onboarding experience resulting in an improvement in our customer acquisition and retention. You'll be working with a passionate cross-functional team of marketers, analysts, UX designers, product managers and engineers dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and tailoring the customer experience. You will iterate and work in several systems that power multiple customer touchpoints including but not limited to our react based content management platform and our customer facing remittance product. As part of this unique team, you will make a meaningful impact every day on both our customers and our business.
To succeed in this role, you should enjoy being in a fast-paced startup environment and working hands-on with others across the company. You know how to make good short and long-term trade-offs to enable a quick test and learn cycle, while not sacrificing performence and user experience. You are comfortable in working on different technologies that range in multiple layers of the software stack. You have the desire to continuously improve and grow your own technical skills and scope or influence.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience working on and shipping full stack features or products and proficiencywith both back-end and front-end development.
- Understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Interest in front-end development, especially in following technologies: React, React Native, TypeScript.
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Familiarity or interest in learning about operations, especially Kubernetes and Prometheus.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work closely with application developers and product managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You focus on building a great product based on metrics rather than delivering features.
Nice to Have:
- Product and user oriented mindset
- Distributed tracing
- Experience with AWS ecosystem
What you will do:
- Work in a product team with a DevOps mindset.
- You'll be responsible for working with UI (React), backend (Java/Kotlin) and supporting them in production.
- You'll work in a data centric organization setting up measurable experiments around your work.
- From time to time you'll need to work on other projects. Some older ones written in PHP, but also some newer ones written in Kotlin, Node.js or Go.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
- Office in a Kraków city centre
- Health/Dental Coverage - LUX MED VIP
- Life Insurance
- Multisport or EdenRed
- Education / Conferences Budget
- Equipment of your choice
- Standing desks
- Unlimited paid time off
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Tech Jobs For You
Regional Manager - Solutions Engineering - Central and Southeast
HashiCorp, United States - Charlotte, North Carolina (Remote)