Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly's Accounting team is core to our business. As an Accounting program manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that product launches and company initiatives will be fully supported by Accounting and Accounting-Product. You are a highly driven individual with a strong bias for action and you are comfortable working cross-functionally with other teams across Remitly. You will be reporting to the VP, Corporate Controller.
- Help the Accounting and Accounting-Product teams with identifying process efficiencies by minimizing redundancies, facilitating extensive collaboration, utilizing best practices, and leveraging automation
- Assist the Accounting team with product launches:
- Help define and communicate Accounting and Accounting-Product requirements
- Help determine alternatives for product launches – full automation vs minimum viable product based on timelines, resources, and conflicts
- Assist with user acceptance testing prior to launch- help build test cases and perform actual testing
- Attend product launch work sessions, create a relationship with product teams across Remitly to evangelize Accounting and Accounting-Product requirements
- Ensure that pre-defined Accounting and Accounting-Product business product requirements are met prior to launch
- Provide project updates to the Accounting and Accounting-Product stakeholders
- Partner with Accounting and Accounting-Product stakeholders with defining metrics for launch readiness, productivity, and error reduction
- Help establish KPIs/key metrics for Accounting and Accounting-Product
- Assist with establishing a framework to measure success against KPIs/key metrics
- Assist and facilitate the Accounting and Accounting-Product strategic planning and OKR process ensuring alignment of objectives and initiatives
- Help Accounting and Accounting-Product leaders establish a framework for analyzing data leveraging automation and tools to ensure accuracy and high quality
- Facilitate the Accounting and Accounting-Product team Monthly Business Review
- Help establish processes and assist with process documentation
- Help implement internal controls to mitigate financial risks
- 7+ years of experience as a program manager with at least 3 years of relevant work experience in Accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in an Accounting or related field of study
- Experience working cross-functionally and navigating ambiguous timelines and conflicting priorities
- Work well in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively converse with executives, accounting and finance professionals, and engineering teams.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
Help the world share their story