Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We're searching for a Director of International Accounting to join Remitly's Finance team, reporting to our VP, Corporate Controller. You will have a global reach and work with teams across the world to build stellar processes, compliant procedures, and provide reporting of our meteoric global growth to company leadership and our Board.
- Provide guidance on all areas involving international accounting to include: accounting process and improvements, financial report preparation, tax compliance, vendor selection and Board and management reporting.
- Oversee the accounting operations for at least six countries globally.
- Lead a diverse global accounting team, serving as a mentor and leading by example to evolve our capabilities.
- Improve controls, enhance processes and improve company performance.
- Evolve accounting practices to adapt to changes in our business and to ensure U.S. GAAP compliance.
- Manage internal controls over financial reporting.
- Work with FP&A team on reporting efforts and monthly accruals related to budgeting and forecasting
- Thoughtfully assess the need to scale the end-to-end business processes, the systems and financial controls in support of the future growth of international operations
- Lead the establishment of insightful metrics for international accounting operations, and build a a framework to measure success against KPIs
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- CPA certification
- 10+ years of work experience leading a global accounting team with at least 3 years in a multinational public company.
- Prior Big-4 public accounting / audit experience preferred
- Deep technical knowledge and comprehensive expertise with accounting policy, IFRS, US GAAP financial reporting framework and taxes.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
File hosting service