Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
You are a Product Designer with a broad skill set with "T-shaped" depth and expertise in research, prototyping, and UX. You enjoy the acrobatics required in earlier stage businesses and diversity of skills it requires.
You'll be one of two designers on our growing Passbook team, with complementary expertise. You'll need to thrive in partnership with our other designer and PM/Eng teams — delivering quickly on high fidelity mockups, prototypes, and design assets, and iterating often based on insights from customers, not ignoring the more nuanced areas such as accessibility, compliance, and localization. You're excited about building the best team and app in fintech. You'll report directly to our VP of Product and Design and work closely with our Design Lead and other team members.
- Lead design research projects to deeply understand customers and how they prefer to use our product
- Create new product ideas and integrate existing ones cohesively
- Create or refine problem statements and then design product solutions in UX and UI
- Develop and use product prototypes to validate ideas/decisions
- Iterate designs based on customer insights from both qualitative and quantitative design research
- Partner with PMs to achieve the right designs for the right products
- Review and provide feedback for others' work
- Contribute to and maintain our design system
- Help build our design team and culture
- Be an advocate for the customer, the craft, and the team
- 3+ years experience (supported by a portfolio of work) in product design, especially mobile
- A passion for people and cultures, along with experience designing localized/internationalized products for cross-cultural audiences. Spanish language fluency is a major bonus
- Solid knowledge of modern design tools (Figma, Sketch, Framer X, InVision, etc.)
- A highly developed instinct for how experiences reinforce brand preference
- A desire to grow, adapt, expand your skills, and try new things
- Technical acumen and understanding, including an understanding of A/B validation
- A strong understanding of web and mobile technologies such as HTML and CSS
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision insurance benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Equity ownership
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.