Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly's Customer Transaction Accounting Program (CTAP) is core to our business. We manage all the accounting and reconciliation for every customer transaction, globally, that runs through our systems. As a Senior Accountant on the CTAP Accounting team, reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, you will be an important contributor to the company's financial statements by supporting the month-end close process, investigating money movement across Remitly's products, managing curated datasets, metrics, and reporting.
- Support the month end close process, ensuring completeness and accuracy of GL accounts and financial statement line items such as Fraud and disbursement losses and reserves, FX gains and losses, and Customer Funds Receivable
- Analyze Orders to Cash GL accounts and financial statement line item trends and variances to expected outcomes
- Analyze financial system outputs, report findings, troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Help establish Indicators/metrics and a framework to measure success
- Help build tools such as dashboards to analyze data
- Leverage automation and tools for data analysis to ensure accuracy and quality
- Be a backup for:
- Maintaining the revenue recognition model
- Analyze cost basis
- Ensure account balances are complete and accurate by helping establish and maintain a framework to monitor, investigate, and resolve issues
- Help develop and enforce accounting policies and procedures while maintaining a strong internal control environment
- Interface and work with our audit partners
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 4+ years of experience in an accounting or similar role
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP specifically ASC 606 and ASC 830
- Experience working in NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Experience in analyzing and working with large datasets and familiarity with data management tools such as Excel (can perform complex functions) and SQL
- Curiosity and ability to dive into data to understand what is happening and why it is happening
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
Help the world share their story