Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Product Designer with a diverse and broad skill set in interaction and visual design who delivers extraordinary customer experiences within our compliance and verification space. You can easily transition from contributing to product vision, to designing the experience, to designing UI elements, to sitting with customers doing usability testing. You were mobile-first 5 years ago. Now you're ready to holistically design a mobile experience that immigrants love and tell all their friends about.
To be successful in this role, you will need to think big in terms of product vision and small in terms of getting every detail and animation right. You enjoy working through a lean product design process: delivering quickly on high fidelity mockups, prototypes, and design assets, and iterating often based on insights from customers. You'll surprise and delight the team and customers with your creativity and clarity of thought. You can start from existing components, or demonstrate when a new component is required to quickly give form to a great product.
You'll work side by side with a product manager, an analyst, and an engineering team who all firmly believe that design is an equal partner to engineering in creating a great product and that your role is about creating not only how our product looks, but also how it works.
- Get to know and design for our customers
- Design and deliver product UI and UX assets (mockups, redlines, design elements, specifications, etc.)
- Develop and present product prototypes
- Generate and help vet product ideas
- Assist and sometimes lead design research projects to better understand our customers
- Iterate designs based on customer insights from both qualitative and quantitative design research
- Design scalable systems and patterns for our native application customer experiences and responsive web
- Be and advocate for mobile application best practices
- Review and provide feedback for others' work
- Demonstrated experience (e.g. a strong portfolio from about 5 years in a similar role) in designing beautiful and engaging consumer experiences across multiple platforms, especially mobile.
- A passion for people and cultures
- A positive attitude
- An ability to deliver for impact and outcomes, not just output
- A highly developed instinct for how experiences reinforce brand preference
- Openness to critique
- Ability to take initiative, act within ambiguity, and deliver "end-to-end"
- Solid knowledge of Figma
- An understanding of motion, animation, and fluidity — how they contribute to the experience
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative data theories and how to apply knowledge to execution within a A/B testing framework
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one