Senior Business Intelligence Data Analyst (Seattle or US Remote)
Remitly, Seattle, WA
See jobs at Remitly
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
You will join Remitly's Marketing Data Platform Squad, residing at the intersection between Engineering, Marketing, and Analytics. As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be essential to fueling Remitly's growth marketing engine with data! You understand that rigorous analysis and insights rely on high-quality data and you are passionate about ensuring marketing data meets those standards. You will own Remitly's marketing data, ensuring the accuracy of metrics, building pipelines to ensure data availability, and working with partners to incorporate new data (both internal and third-party). You will help lead the Data Platform Squad through scoping and prioritization, continuously improving our data and reporting while looking ahead to long-term opportunities to support Remitly's ongoing growth. You will report to the Director of Revenue Management.
This role can be located in our Seattle, WA office or remote from anywhere in the USA.
What You'll Do
- Own Remitly's marketing data, partnering across teams to ensure that marketing data is accurate while leading efforts to fix any issues.
- Design end-to-end BI solutions that allow marketers to analyze their marketing channels, identify new opportunities, and reach more customers at a reasonable cost
- Conceptualize and propose data solutions that help us stay ahead of industry changes and have high operational excellence.
- Build a data platform that enables quick diagnosis, root cause analysis, and generating insights for decision making
- Partner with engineers, PMs, and other analysts to integrate with 3rd parties and manage current data integrations.
- Use industry tools and your own skillset to assess data quality and resolve data quality problems.
- Recommend and Implement data architecture, modeling, and ETL changes across multiple heterogeneous data sources.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Statistics, or related field).
- 4+ years experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Data Engineering.
- 2+ years experience working with marketing data.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and experience with data from 3rd parties.
- Proficiency with a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience writing ETL jobs in Scala, Spark, or similar, and scheduling ETL jobs in Azkaban, Airflow, or similar
- Experience explaining data-driven decisions to team members and leadership of both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- You can do a lot with a little. You think of creative solutions in a constrained environment. You will have a high degree of ownership in this role.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Sisense/Periscope).
- You live our cultural values.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits and a 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $2 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. Remitly Fast Facts: Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines 300 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru Remitly customers send over $2 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners
Want to learn more about Remitly? Visit Remitly's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid