Senior Software Engineer
RetailMeNot, Phoenix, Arizona
We’re Disrupting the Way the World Sees Deals
Who You Are
- You’re kind, awesome, and opinionated (but respectful).
- You love working hard and with focus.
- You communicate well and love collaborating with your team to help enable the success of the people around you.
- You bring knowledge and experience to the table that you can use to mentor team members on new technologies, distributed architectures, and creating high quality and high performing code.
- You love a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You believe in constantly learning new technologies.
- You are passionate about solving complex technical problems and appreciate the balance between refactoring, improving, and scaling.You have an established track record of successful high-quality delivery
- You possess a deep understanding and ability to apply computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- You have a minimum of 5 years of development experience in at least one object oriented language.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or STEM field, or equivalent self-study of computer science
- You know what's important when releasing software and have been through the process from start to finish
- You are comfortable owning and being responsible for evolving system architecture, helping develop product initiatives, and developing product features
- You have some experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, Maven, JIRA, JUnit, TeamCity, Confluence or similar
- You understand software deployment to cloud base environments. Some familiarity with AWS would be a huge plus.
What You'll Do
- Work vertically across the entire web stack from the database server to backend Java applications.
- On the server-side, develop business-critical Java applications and micro services.
- Deploy software onto new and existing cloud server infrastructure
- Keep abreast of new technologies. Technologies we use today include Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, PostgreSQL, Spring, and various front-end technologies.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We have a great open vacation policy.
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.
RetailMeNot is the ultimate savings destination, connecting millions of consumers to the retailers, brands and restaurants they love—both online and in-store. With a presence in North America, the United Kingdom and France, we help drive engagement and sales for more than 70,000 brands internationally.
From the best digital promotions and discount eGift cards to quick cash back offers and dining discounts, our teams are dedicated to innovating new solutions that drive ROI for our brand partners, satisfy our consumers and create the best workplace environment for our employees.
Want to learn more about RetailMeNot? Visit RetailMeNot's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Analyst Consultant, Professional Services - UK
Confluent Cloud Engineer
Confluent, Palo Alto
Manufacturing IT Systems Administrator (Mexico)
Magic Leap, Inc., Guadalajara, Mexico
Senior Quality Engineer
GitHub, Remote - US
Software Engineers: Mid–Senior Level
Usermind, Seattle, WA
Software Engineer - Frontend
Highfive, Redwood City