Staff Software Engineer, Backend
RetailMeNot, Austin, Texas
We’re Disrupting the Way the World Sees Deals
Who You Are
- You take pride in mentoring junior and other senior engineers and consider the progress of your team members a key indicator of your performance.
- You have experience building, scaling, and maintaining a highly available API hosted in a public cloud.
- You understand the nuances and challenges that come with building an API that supports native apps.
- You believe people produce their best work when they maintain work-life balance, but also know there are times when delivery is paramount and embrace the accountability that comes with that.
- You’re skilled in building consensus with a team to get everyone committed to delivering a larger vision than they could execute on their own.
- You’re committed to learning and believe that every day you do not progress as a technologist is a day that you’re falling behind.
- You give your teammates first dibs on the “exciting” work and make a point of being the first to volunteer for the unglamorous stuff that keeps the system running smoothly.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or STEM field, or equivalent self-study of computer science.
What You'll Do
- You’ll mentor and guide with your experience a talented group of early and mid-career engineers.
- You’ll foster and enhance a culture built around standard methodologies for testing, automation, and monitoring.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the business and use that knowledge to collaboratively build a roadmap for the next major iteration of the API to support where the business is heading.
- You’ll bring expertise in distributed systems to improve reliability, scalability, and performance of an API serving millions of customers.
- You’ll be a core contributor to open source projects developed by RetailMeNot to power the APIs that our native apps utilize.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions and give our engineers a great deal of freedom to define a technical roadmap that solves the problem optimally
- We believe that the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to build efficiently
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining our best engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are only happy working with other extraordinary engineers
- We are truly a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented in nature, to power key parts of our infrastructure
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker
- We believe in helping you achieve your career goals
- We provide competitive base and bonus packages, a Long Term Incentive Plan, and great health and wellness benefits including a best-in-class parental leave policy
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We award you with prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
- We also provide cell phone and fitness reimbursements
- We'll take care of your downtown parking or provide transportation reimbursement if you'd rather walk, bike, or use public transportation.
RetailMeNot is the ultimate savings destination, connecting millions of consumers to the retailers, brands and restaurants they love—both online and in-store. With a presence in North America, the United Kingdom and France, we help drive engagement and sales for more than 70,000 brands internationally.
From the best digital promotions and discount eGift cards to quick cash back offers and dining discounts, our teams are dedicated to innovating new solutions that drive ROI for our brand partners, satisfy our consumers and create the best workplace environment for our employees.
Want to learn more about RetailMeNot? Visit RetailMeNot's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Mobile Engineer
Class Pass, San Francisco
VP of Information Security
1010data, New York
Thermal Analysis Engineer
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineer - Chief Information Security Officer's team
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Research Associate, Quality Assurance
Indigo, Boston, MA