Principal Software Engineer
RetailMeNot, Austin, Texas
We’re Disrupting the Way the World Sees Deals
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field.
- You have 10+ years of experience developing services and other web technologies.
- React, GraphQL expertise preferred.
- You take pride in mentoring junior and other senior engineers and consider the progress of your team members a key indicator of your performance.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks and libraries.
- You love solving big problems at scale.
- You collaborate with others to deliver successful solutions.
- You have made mistakes along the way, but you learned from them.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- You don't limit yourself to one end of the development stack.
What You'll Do
- You will participate in the overall system design and architecture.
- You will recommend technologies and tools that best fit the team and organization.
- You will contribute to our microservice architecture by developing self-contained, containerized backend services.
- You will be a mentor to team members.
- You will advocate to continually improve quality and engineering practices.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions. We give engineers a great deal of freedom to make technical choices and to collaboratively define our technical roadmap.
- We believe the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to thrive and build efficiently
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining a team of excellent engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are happiest when they have a supportive and equally exceptional team helping them to succeed and grow.
- We are a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented.
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
RetailMeNot is the ultimate savings destination, connecting millions of consumers to the retailers, brands and restaurants they love—both online and in-store. With a presence in North America, the United Kingdom and France, we help drive engagement and sales for more than 70,000 brands internationally.
From the best digital promotions and discount eGift cards to quick cash back offers and dining discounts, our teams are dedicated to innovating new solutions that drive ROI for our brand partners, satisfy our consumers and create the best workplace environment for our employees.
Want to learn more about RetailMeNot? Visit RetailMeNot's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.