Staff Software Engineer, Back End
RetailMeNot, Austin, Texas
We’re Disrupting the Way the World Sees Deals
Who You Are
- You have 7+ years of experience in backend software development including building scalable cloud-native backend systems and strong proficiency in microservices architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of event-driven architecture and other design patterns.
- Required experience in Python, Kafka/Kinesis, AWS, message queues like RabbitMQ or SQS and containerization (Docker & Kubernetes).
- You are also comfortable working with Java, Spring Boot, Postgres, and ReactJS.
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, Jira, Gitlab, Confluence or similar
- You have a track record of leading a team to build complex backend systems, while working with other teams to successfully identify ambiguous requirements and building best practices solutions.
- You display ownership, team-spirit, are a clear communicator, can lead cross-functionally and with empathy.
What You'll Do
- Lead the technical redesign efforts for the Rewards Team, including system design and architecture.
- Implement high performance, consumer scale web services to power cashback rewards in web and mobile applications.
- Create scripts to deploy software onto new and existing cloud server infrastructure.
- Collaborate with engineers to deliver complex features across systems.
- Drive the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications
- Work with our product and marketing to create products and internal systems.
- Mentor junior engineers on software engineering techniques, process, and new technologies.
- Stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating/incorporating them into your team's architecture.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions. We give engineers extensive freedom to make technical choices and to collaboratively define our technical roadmap.
- We believe the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to thrive.
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining a team of excellent engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are happiest when they have a supportive and equally exceptional team helping them to succeed and grow.
- We are a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented.
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
RetailMeNot is the ultimate savings destination, connecting millions of consumers to the retailers, brands and restaurants they love—both online and in-store. With a presence in North America, the United Kingdom and France, we help drive engagement and sales for more than 70,000 brands internationally.
From the best digital promotions and discount eGift cards to quick cash back offers and dining discounts, our teams are dedicated to innovating new solutions that drive ROI for our brand partners, satisfy our consumers and create the best workplace environment for our employees.
Want to learn more about RetailMeNot? Visit RetailMeNot's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.