The Core Business team at RetailMeNot is responsible for the flagship www.retailmenot.com consumer website across the desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms. We help over 40MM visitors per month save money and discover great deals at their favourite retailers.
Our engineers work across the stack in a wide array of technologies and are constantly on the lookout for new technologies to improve our code:
-UI Engineers build intuitive interfaces to help users find deals and optimize every aspect of our pages, ensuring we have the fastest in-browser performance. On any given day, a UI engineer might write Sass, Handlebars, Twitter Flight, Node.js, Python, and PHP.
-Algo engineers work on improving ranking algorithms that select which coupons are shown to users. An algorithm engineer could explore data with Numpy and Pandas, set up a MapReduce job, or train new machine learning algorithms.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we need engineers who can deliver results while understanding the structure of a large system. We provide cross-team leadership that ensures that RetailMeNot code meets a consistent standard while building the platform of the future. Across the team we take an analytical and scientific approach, improving products through extensive A/B testing. When you ship a feature on this team, you’ll know your exact impact to the bottom line.
Are you someone who enjoys new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new things, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems? If so we want you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- You have shown a track record of successful high-quality delivery
- You bring a solid understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- You consider yourself proficient with web technologies
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, TeamCity, Confluence or similar
- You have 2+ years of application development experience
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a bachelor's degree in a STEM field, or equivalent self-study of computer science
What You’ll Do
- You will develop new features in the RMN web stack that allow us to improve the experience of our users
- You'll deploy software to our cloud server infrastructure
- You'll troubleshoot and assist with production support issues
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, and restaurants. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Deal Finder™ browser extension.
follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. We are committed to providing an equitable and competitive compensation program that will attract and retain high performing, diverse talent at all levels.
Benefits: RetailMeNot offers all employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, group health insurance, paid leave, paid holidays, and retirement.
Perks: All RetailMeNot employees enjoy awesome perks! From free food and refreshments and a peer-to-peer recognition platform.