Manager, Software Engineering
Revinate, San Francisco, CA
We’re dramatically changing the way hoteliers connect with their guests.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that hoteliers deserve better. The global hotel sector is a booming $500B+ industry, yet hotels are facing many complex challenges, including increased pressure from online travel agencies and intense competition from ever-growing room inventory and the shared economy. That coupled with aging, cumbersome technology is making the job of the hotelier more difficult than ever. At Revinate, we use cutting edge technology to build powerful software for hotels to take back control and drive direct revenue. The simplicity and beautiful UX of our solutions are a breath of fresh air in an industry of old technology.
Revinate is seeking an enthusiastic Engineering Manager to run our Pipeline team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining reactive microservices to enable a highly-available data pipeline that processes millions of events, in real-time, each day, from thousands of hotels across the globe. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers and leverage cutting-edge technologies to make an immediate impact on our products and customers. A passion for building a highly available, real-time, data pipeline is a must. Additionally, the ability to collaborate with others, regardless of title, to drive cross-team technical and process improvements is a requirement. If you enjoy coming up with thoughtful solutions to challenging problems then we may be match.
- Provide hands-on engineering leadership, managing a team of 6-8 engineers
- Coach and mentor engineers to help them hone their craft and continue to grow
- Play a direct role in addressing issues, minimizing outages, and designing solutions
- Collaborate with other leaders to develop a long-term technology road map
- Build scalable, high-volume, and reliable cloud-native applications that run 24x7
- Define and manage your team’s KPIs, reporting progress up to the executive team
- Work with engineers in San Francisco and across other timezones
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience building data platforms
- 4+ years of experience leading a data engineering team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong bias for action and focus on craftsmanship and quality
- Expert-level understanding of Java 8+
- Appreciation of, and a preference for, functional programming
- Love for working with large data sets and processing data in real-time
- Experience with continuous integration workflows and continuous delivery concepts
- Deep understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time, and low-latency data processing
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, microservice architecture, and reactive design patterns
- Deep understanding of big data pipeline technologies (e.g., Kafka, Spark, Zeppelin, Hadoop, AWS EMR)
- Deep understanding of distributed data stores (e.g., S3, Cassandra, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Couchbase, Redis)
- Experience with modern data serialization formats (e.g., Protocol Buffers, Avro, Thrift)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Awareness of Amazon Web Services (AWS) capabilities
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Benefits Package: Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for you and your family
- Discretionary Time Off: You’re in control of your rest and relaxation
- Family support: Parental leave for those expecting new family members
- Equity: You're an owner in the company as we build it together
- Tools & Tech: We empower our employees with the hardware, training, and other materials to help you succeed
- Extraordinary culture: Focused on learning and every employee’s personal and professional development
- Change an industry: We’re transforming the way hotels connect with guests, and having fun while we do it
- Meaningful work: You'll have an opportunity to make a major impact on our company and, as a result, the hospitality industry
- Amazing co-workers: You'll be surrounded by a passionate, high performing, collaborative team that can help you learn something new every day
Headquartered in The Presidio of San Francisco, with offices in Amsterdam and Singapore, Revinate seeks to build specialized and easy-to-adopt technology to solve these challenges. Revinate enables hoteliers to transform their guest data into revenue. With Revinate Marketing and Revinate Guest Feedback, hoteliers are empowered to make smarter decisions, resulting in increased direct revenue and guest engagement. Much like the industry we serve, we are a team of hard-working and passionate individuals who love our customers and are committed to surprising and delighting them with every new innovation and disruption.
Revinate is backed by leading Silicon Valley investors, including Benchmark Capital, Tenaya Capital, and Sozo Ventures.
To learn more, please visit www.revinate.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powerful Technology, Passionate People, Global Impact Revinate is a rapidly growing SaaS start-up in Silicon Valley changing the hospitality industry. Revinate designs and develops technology to improve the guest experience at hotels worldwide. Our culture is focused on generating bold ideas and having the bravery to pursue them. Revinate helps hotels know more about their guests so they can deliver personalized experiences that create valuable relationships and lifelong customers. Revinate is well-funded by leading investment firms Benchmark Capital, Tenaya Capital, Northgate Capital, Industry Ventures, Formation 8, and Tao Capital. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Amsterdam, Singapore and San José, Costa Rica. Revinate counts over 30,000 of the world’s leading hotels as customers. To learn more, please visit www.revinate.com or email [email protected]