Senior Software Engineer, Internal Quantum Software and Tools
Rigetti Computing, Berkeley, CA
On a mission to build the world's most powerful computer.
- Deploy tools, data pipelines and visualization software (either custom built or commercial) that will help engineers discover relationships and patterns
- Collaborate with our IT infrastructure team to build and maintain fast, robust and scalable data storage solutions for all data that touches the fabrication, characterization and deployment of quantum processors
- Grow our data API to serve as the single source of truth for all engineering teams across the company
- Collaborate with our design, fab and quantum measurement teams to solve technical problems
- Scaling out our database design and infrastructure to capture and simplify access to new and existing data elements
- Working with our team of physicists to automatically detect data anomalies
- Building UIs for visualizing and tracking design and manufacturing performance
- Help develop new tools for modeling the performance of future designs
- Improve monitoring and reliability of tools and services
- You have experience designing, constructing, and maintaining data pipelines that interface with applications written in various languages such as Python and Julia
- Seasoned in software engineering practices such as version control, code review and continuous integration
- Experience working with RDBMS systems (such as PostgreSQL)
- You are familiar with data visualization tools and the various ways in which they can be customized
- Experience with front-end web development in a framework like React, Angular, or Vue
- Experience in working with data pipelines that include “real-life”, noisy data, such as data from sensors or software performance logs
- Experience working with online and offline data systems
- Experience with public cloud platforms
- Experience with containerization
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment with interdisciplinary engineering teams that have similar but unique goals
- You have an interest in and understanding of database architecture, schema evolution and data integrity
- Position may require the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
About Rigetti Computing
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
We believe the first useful quantum computers are within reach, and we believe quantum computing has the potential to one day have an enormous positive impact on humanity. To help realize that vision, we also develop new algorithms for quantum computing, with a focus on near-term applications in computational chemistry and machine learning.
Our product, Forest, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. Forest includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
Want to learn more about Rigetti Computing? Visit Rigetti Computing's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos