Electrical Engineer - Control Systems
Rigetti Computing, Berkeley, CA
On a mission to build the world's most powerful computer.
- Demonstrated success taking designs from conception through the full design cycle, including manufacturing, test
- Experience with Verilog/VHDL and digital hardware design as well as modern FPGA development and toolchains
- Knowledge of signal processing concepts: Nyquist zones, convolution, cross-correlation, numerically-controlled oscillators
- Familiarity with PCB design and layout as well as PCB manufacturing
- Experience working with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, vector network analyzers, etc.)
- Ability to work on a team and to jump in and help get projects over the finish line
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact across different disciplines
- Python scripting, (especially the scientific python stack eg. numpy, scipy)
- Understanding of RF design and test
- You are well educated in Electrical Engineering or in an equivalent field and have had enough professional experience under your belt to have owned projects from start to finish, independently demonstrated creative problem solving for complex challenges, and have developed your expertise in a specialized area within an industry setting (ideally within digital FPGA, Signal Processing, or RF)
- You have collaborated on a team of seasoned Electrical/Hardware Engineers and have successfully worked with cross functional stakeholders and leaders to meet deliverables and compromise on solutions
- Ideally, you will have experience working at a startup or dynamic work environment where resources are limited
- You are intellectually curious and are not afraid to admit when you are wrong. In fact, you use those moments as opportunities to embody a continuous learning and growth mindset.
- You are energized by the thought of having to figure out how multiple complex systems all come together and are excited to improve things both inside and outside your technical domain.
- You practice humility but are not shy to insert yourself in situations where you could be of help.
About Rigetti Computing
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
We believe the first useful quantum computers are within reach, and we believe quantum computing has the potential to one day have an enormous positive impact on humanity. To help realize that vision, we also develop new algorithms for quantum computing, with a focus on near-term applications in computational chemistry and machine learning.
Our product, Forest, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. Forest includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
Want to learn more about Rigetti Computing? Visit Rigetti Computing's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.