Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. We believe this technology will fundamentally change the world for the better and will affect nearly every industry over the coming decades. With over $200M+ in funding, we are looking to expand our Software Engineering capabilities!
Rigetti engineers are a passionate, dedicated team working across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines including RF electronics, cryogenics, superconducting circuits, mechanical engineering, and computer science. We build our software using industry best practices to serve both large enterprise clients and individual researchers around the world.
Rigetti Quantum Cloud Services (QCS) is unique in that it serves access to quantum computers with world-leading capabilities while retaining the agility of a nimble startup, ready and willing to iterate and experiment with new research. In this role, you’ll improve and optimize the compiler all users use to access Rigetti quantum processors. While expertise in Physics or Quantum Mechanics is not an absolute requirement, we hope to find someone who is excited, if not familiar with, supporting and working with scientists, particularly physicists, and hardware engineers. Because this is a highly creative and collaborative role, you will have the opportunity to embody an "inventor" mindset, bounce unique ideas with the team, and own solutions to cutting edge challenges that very few have encountered before. You can also take pride in being one of the few software engineers supporting the development of the world's "next generation" of computing.
As engineering leaders, we value diversity and are committed to building a culture of inclusion to attract and engage innovative thinkers. Our technology, meant to serve all of humanity, cannot succeed if those who built it do not mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. Applications from women, minorities, and other under represented groups are strongly encouraged.
You Are a Great Fit If:
- You enjoy working across disciplines and are eager to learn from experts outside of your field.
- You communicate clearly and effectively, and understand domain-driven software design.
- You take pride in the quality and performance of the software you write, and have experience maintaining software in production.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Driving and owning the design and development of our quantum compilation software, which transforms Quil code into a program ready to execute on a selected quantum processor.
- Work as a member of a lean team of experts responsible for all public-facing Rigetti applications, and work closely with others to integrate features and changes.
- Collaborate closely with quantum applications researchers to understand use cases as well as physicists and embedded software engineers to fully exercise the capabilities of custom control hardware.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years experience developing in Rust and/or Python.
- Proven experience writing and optimizing LLVM.
- Proven experience writing and maintaining compiler software and/or mathematics-centered software.
- Proven ability to synthesize research findings into resilient, useful software.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- An advanced degree in mathematics or computer science.
- Experience with quantum computation or quantum hardware control.
- Contributions to compilation-related publications and research.
As we continue to navigate these unprecedented times, we have committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our employees and have adopted a virtual interview process. We are open to candidates who are interested in working remotely full time, so long as they are based within the United States and can commit to working pacific standard time hours.
Benefits and Perks:
Rigetti seeks individuals who are motivated by grand challenges and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the exciting quantum computing space. As long-term visionaries, we offer employees opportunities for continuous personal and professional growth so they can advance our mission to help solve humanity's most important and pressing problems. To support the financial success and health of our employees and their families, we offer the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary:
- 401k Plan
- Generous Equity Grant
- 98% coverage on Medical (Kaiser or Anthem Blue Cross), Guardian Dental, Guardian Vision
- Anthem Blue Cross Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Opportunities for additional performance-based equity grants or bonuses
To help our employees bring their best selves to work, we also offer various perks to support each individual to perform at their highest level and foster work life balance. All full-time exempt employees are eligible for:
- Unlimited PTO as soon as they join
- Fitness Activity & Gym Membership Reimbursement
- 16 Week Paid Parental Leave
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Work Schedule
As we continue to grow our company, we will prioritize applicants who have created a thoughtful application and share our vision and passion for quantum computing. While we regret that we can't hire every applicant, we keep applications on file for 2 years and will reach out if you're a good fit for a future opportunity.
Rigetti Computing is a pioneer in full-stack quantum computing. The company has operated quantum computers over the cloud since 2017 and serves global enterprise, government, and research clients through its Rigetti Quantum Cloud Services platform. The company’s proprietary quantum-classical infrastructure provides ultra-low latency integration with public and private clouds for high-performance practical quantum computing. Rigetti has developed the industry’s first multi-chip quantum processor for scalable quantum computing systems. The company designs and manufactures its chips in-house at Fab-1, the industry’s first dedicated and integrated quantum device manufacturing facility. Rigetti was founded in 2013 by Chad Rigetti and today employs more than 140 people with offices in the United States, U.K., and Australia. Learn more at www.rigetti.com
Don't see the job you want? Apply here
so we can keep in touch with you when the right role opens up in the future!
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants eligible to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.